NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Welcome to ACE 66lover

jstrutt

Welcome to ACE Francy who resides in Phoenix, AZ

Year of Corvette: 1966

Color: Naussau Blue

:howdy from Just South of the North Pole and Just a few seconds North of Montana . . . . . . .

Please post a picture of your Corvette and be sure to become familiar with the complete ACE site including the Events Section. Don't be shy. If you need any help using the ACE Forum just ask any Forum Moderator or Administrator . . . . . they'd be happy to help you out. Be sure to put your mark on the ACE MAP and tell us how you heard about ACE by Clicking Here

John (jstrutt) :crazy

Welcome to ACE! :howdy

Please post some pics of your C2!

Hi everybody!!

I have a 66 vette which was purchased from O'Reilly Chevrolet by my mom in early '67...she's 88 now and can't drive it, maybe those of you in Tucson may remember seeing her around..her license plate said NEVINA (her name) I after many a bloody nose and blackened eye won ownership over my 3 siblings :banannasword: and now I have the daunting task of restoration. It has been sitting in a carport covered in dust and flat tires for 10 years while she decided what to do with it. :banghead I just had the engine worked on by a really great guy in Tucson, drove it home to Phoenix, and for some reason..can't seem to stop driving it...

I would welcome any info on where to buy parts and info along the way. I know it will take some time, as I am not sitting on a pile of cash. But well worth it in the end. The paint is shot, I mean SHOT, the door panels and seats are within a few years old, the carpeting is NEW! It has its 3rd 327 engine, factory air. blah blah blah...but it needs a new dash/console...badly...

As with every stop light, grocery store, stop sign and gas station since I was 5 years old...No, it is not for sale. I want to restore it and keep it.

I'd love to start going to the car shows I see around, saw tons of old cars leaving one around Frank Lloyd Wright the other day, wish I'd known about it. Let me know if there's any vette ones soon, I'd love to meet others into this money pit syndrome...

Francy

post-757-1196181788.jpg

post-757-1196181807.jpg

post-757-1196181820.jpg

:yeah: That's hot!! Even unrestored. Welcome new :ACE:

007 Oro Valley

My mom lives near Oro Valley..!

Anyone know of any insurance agents who aren't on crack?? sheesh, I am a little sticker shocked, but I have to get an appraisal supposedly...or at least get an indea of what it's worth just sitting here...I've been out of the loop for several years..guess I'm due for some edu-ma-cation...

There are several online corvette parts dealers (Ecklers, Zip Corvette, MidAmerica, etc). I would recommend you enjoy driving the car before making it too nice. You won't want to drive it much after going through the time and expense of an actual restoration.

I would invest in buying several books and references first, including a shop manual, a restoration guide, a parts number book and any other Corvette book that looks interesting. We should have a detail day to help you clean it up. There are some real paint wizards on the forum. You never know what can be done with it.

I've been perusing Ecklers (got my carpet there) and Corvette Central..had an old Zips catalog in the back of the car (dated 1984!!!) I don't think I'll go too crazy because I am having so darn much fun driving it...I know I'll be paranoid once I get it painted....THAT will be the biggest thing for sure...I'm kinda freaked out on the paint end..I've never had to paint a car since I had a Fiat X-1.9!!!! Earl Scheiber!!!! I hope I can talk to a few of you all at Friday nights get together in Cave Creek. I'm psyched that people help each other out on here. Thanks for your reply!!

Phill's Vette

Very nice indeed!

Don't worry about the money it's going to cost you, Top Raman soup you will get use to in time... :lol

Save all your old parts as they may be worth something, try to keep her as original as possible as modifications will greatly diminish the value, even the original nuts and bolts. BUT, she is all yours to enjoy and do whatever you wish!

The goofy grin that you have when you look at her and when you drive her, doesn't go away (Oh yeah the grin is there). Your life and priorities have now changed! Welcome to the world of Corvette people!

It's all so good isn't it?!

Don't forget to wave :howdy at any and all vettes you see - even if they don't wave back; that's how we tell the vette owners from vette people!

Take a lot of pics as you go, before and after; not just for your video diary/records, but for all of us - we luv pics, especially of the classics!

Welcome!

:thumbs

CorvetteWavingFlags.gif:welcome:

Welcome to the forum. You'll have a great resource here. Guys and Gals are great and love to help when they can. I know that first hand and just in the last couple weeks. Great looking car to. Love the body style you have. Hope to see you on Friday night.

Very nice indeed!

Don't worry about the money it's going to cost you, Top Raman soup you will get use to in time... :lol

Save all your old parts as they may be worth something, try to keep her as original as possible as modifications will greatly diminish the value, even the original nuts and bolts. BUT, she is all yours to enjoy and do whatever you wish!

The goofy grin that you have when you look at her and when you drive her, doesn't go away (Oh yeah the grin is there). Your life and priorities have now changed! Welcome to the world of Corvette people!

It's all so good isn't it?!

Don't forget to wave :howdy at any and all vettes you see - even if they don't wave back; that's how we tell the vette owners from vette people!

Take a lot of pics as you go, before and after; not just for your video diary/records, but for all of us - we luv pics, especially of the classics!

Welcome!

:thumbs

You know, I remember my mom making us all wave at other vettes and of course the first vette I ran into didn't wave back!! I was heartbroken!! (obviously doesn't LOVE his vette!!)

:howdy From North Phoenix

You DID blow by me in North Phx, that's where I am too!

I did own my own vette for about 30 days...right out of high school, no one would insure me, so I had to sell it, but made a $1,000 bucks!! I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember if it was a '68 or '69, but it had a modified front end, convertible...had a new engine and no one put insulation in the firewall...sweated like crazy after the first mile...probably a good thing I sold it.

I keep trying to upload pics but it says it's not allowed..too big and I keep scanning it tiny!!?? When I figure it out, I'll post those pics.

Robert and Elizabeth
That is gorgeous, even in it's unrestored state.

I would have to totally agree here. Great bones there!

We have always wanted a 66 or a 67 (each of our birth years) in a vert with the side pipes exhaust with a 427 with three 2 barrel carbs in that blue or yeller with a black cowl stripe since we were kids.......someday (oh yes, it will be mine).

Great looking 66. Reading your description makes it sound like crap, the pictures tell another story though, I think it looks pretty nice like it is.

I would have to see the paint in person to see weather it could be saved at all. Or you could stop in at Classic Gold in Tempe and have Joe and his brother look it over, they do some really great paint work on fiberglass, and Joe really takes care of us ACE members....

Classic Gold Auto Center

317 S Rockford Dr

Tempe, AZ 85281

(480) 967-2521

Great looking 66. Reading your description makes it sound like crap, the pictures tell another story though, I think it looks pretty nice like it is.

I would have to see the paint in person to see weather it could be saved at all. Or you could stop in at Classic Gold in Tempe and have Joe and his brother look it over, they do some really great paint work on fiberglass, and Joe really takes care of us ACE members....

Classic Gold Auto Center

317 S Rockford Dr

Tempe, AZ 85281

(480) 967-2521

I will mapquest it and check the place out, thanks! The paint defitely can't be saved...years of oxidation, deep and long scratches, large cracks and puckered stars....i think the last painter was inexperienced due to the pucker shaped stars...maybe sprayed to thick?

The presence of cracks and stars pretty much eliminates us being about to sand and buff it out with any success.