NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Hello All..Newbie With a Question

Guest markshark

Guest markshark

Howdy Everyone! My name is Mark and it's nice to see that there is an awesome Arizona Corvette Club locally without all of the gunk I've seen while poking around at corvette groups online. Thanks to you all for starting this thing up.

Question...My 81 needs a carb adjustment (possibly rebuild), and choke work done for starters to get it through emmissions (I failed but not badly) Also, I would like the A/C repaired.

These will be my first outside repairs on the Vette and I called a Corvette restoration shop in Tempe and the guy was nice a willing to look at the car. Before I commit to anything, does anyone strongly suggest a particular shop here in the valley that I can build a relationship with, and be treated fairly and honestly?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and again..thanks for building this site.

Welcome MarkShark,

I am not familiar with the C3's, but we do have a few that will hopefully post soon. Which shop did you go to in Tempe so we know which others to recommend.

Good Luck with the repair.

Phil... :devil

Guest markshark

Phil, Thanks for responding and beautiful C5 by the way.

I haven't actually taken my car there yet, but, the name is AZ Corvette Restoration over on Curry Rd. in Tempe. So far the owner has been very decent on the phone and his shop is impressive. I just thought I would ask the forum since I've never had my car outside of my own garage (I do routine stuff myself).

Again...Thanks

Whew -- Nice to see another C3 owner in the group.

I have some experience with carbs and actually still have the carb from my 1980. Unfortunately it's not the same as the carb for the 1981.

If you just need the idle mixture adjusted (failed the idle test) I do have the "super secret special" screwdriver made for that.

If you post your emissions results here I can see where you failed and what would need to be adjusted.

For A/C - I always go with Arizona Mobile Air over on the west side.

Arizona Mobile Air Inc.

3601 West Clarendon Ave.

Phoenix, Arizona 85019

(602) 233-0090

rightfront3.jpg

3,503 lbs of trouble

You can always call Doug over at Bromley's Performance Corvettes:

3738 W. Common Wealth Ave

Chandler, AZ 85226

(480) 390-2652

-or-

AZ Auto Masters

6700 W. Chicago St., Suite 7

Chandler, AZ  85226

(480) 592-9677

http://www.azautomasters.com/

-or-

The Vette Shoppe

625 S. McClintock Rd. Suite 3 & 4

Tempe, AZ 85281

(480) 945-9030

Doug Bromley worked on my '79 for two years up until I recently sold it, and he just rebuilt it for it's new owner. He specializes in later C3s. I never had any work done at AZ Auto Masters or The Vette Shoppe.

Guest markshark

Thanks BSeery...MAN! Your Corvette is RED! Looks awesome!

Glad to know someone out there isn't intimidated by carbs...They scare the hijeebees out of me, as does taking a transmission apart for that matter.

Anyway...These are my emmission results.

My Car Applicable Standard

Hydrocarbons 4.96 3.00

Carbon Monoxide 39.58 25.00

I passed the Oxides of Nitrogen though

p.s. Thanks God someone out there has the "super secret special" screwdriver.

Do you have the "magical mystical marvelous" version as well?

Oh, and thanks for the tip on A/C, Jack over there at AMA has helped me out on a couple of other projects, they are indeed a good crew.

Guest markshark

Thanks trouble! Sounds like Doug at Bromley's worked out pretty well for you over the years..I jotted down his number.

Thanks Again

Did you sell your 83 too or just the 79?

Anyway...These are my emmission results.

My Car Applicable Standard

Hydrocarbons 4.96 3.00

Carbon Monoxide 39.58 25.00

I passed the Oxides of Nitrogen though

p.s. Thanks God someone out there has the "super secret special" screwdriver.

Do you have the "magical mystical marvelous" version as well?

did you fail at idle or during the rolling test ?

Here is another :thumbs:thumbs for Doug Bromley. No special screwdrivers, but a love and special affinity for making a C3 perform the way it was meant to.

:burnout