NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Hello members!

bigmike32172

Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone. It feels good to be back in a Vette! I just picked up my 08 Z06 the other day and already started to mod it a little by blacking it out and putting the chrome dipped OEM wheels on it.

I traded in my Viper which gave me a ton of problems due to a backyard mechanic building the motor. Although it was fun while it lasted, it turned 900RWHP on a load bearing dyno, which would probably be over 1,000 on a Dynojet. Vipers are cool cars because of the rarity factor which gives you more looks than a Vette, but it has as much room inside as a Miata, and that isn't great for a 6' 270lb guy, so she had to go bye bye to make room for the new king in town.

Now I have to start with some mods, and I'm thinking the headers, cats, and cat backs are a good place to start, along with one of those Killer Bee intakes. If anyone is selling any of these that they don't want, please let me know.

Welcome to the forum...

a cam and long tubes is the best place to start. I have a friend that lost hp with a Killer Bee intake. You have to do tuning to get the power and not the Haltech program. Your exhaust is very low restriction as is, so I would wait to replace it, unless you want to lose the stock sound.

Congrats on the new purchase... welcome back

Welcome aboard you big bragger. :lol Nice ride. You came to a good place, :ACE: we are drivers and love to let them loose.

Never been in a viper, but I can sympathize with the whole room thing...I'm only 225lbs but my frame is 6'3"...even my C5 could stand to be a little bigger inside, but I love her anyway. :yeah:

Welcome to the forum...

a cam and long tubes is the best place to start. I have a friend that lost hp with a Killer Bee intake. You have to do tuning to get the power and not the Haltech program. Your exhaust is very low restriction as is, so I would wait to replace it, unless you want to lose the stock sound.

Congrats on the new purchase... welcome back

Yeah, that quiet stock sound has to go, especially when my 300 SRT8 is louder than my Z06, LOL, somethings wrong there.

My 04 Z06 had the B&B long tubes with the B&B track exhaust. THey were pretty loud, but sounded more like a NASCAR than a muscle car. I'm thinking the Borla Stingers are the way to go on this car, and Daryl down at Xtreme told me the Kooks have the best fit and finish on the headers, so after spending $10 grand or so on the exhaust it should have the right sound I'm looking for, LOL! What happened to the early 90's when you can get a full exhaust for any car for around $500 bucks? I guess the vendors see that people are dumb enough to spend the money for overpriced coffees at Starbuck's and figure they can overcharge for car parts too!

Welcome to ACE Mike who resides in Phoenix, AZ

Year of Corvette: 2008

Color: Black

:howdy from Just South of the North Pole and Just a few seconds North of Montana . . . . . . .

Please post a picture of your Corvette and be sure to become familiar with the complete ACE site including the Events Section. Don't be shy. If you need any help using the ACE Forum just ask any Forum Moderator or Administrator . . . . . they'd be happy to help you out. Be sure to put your mark on the ACE MAP and tell us how you heard about ACE by Clicking Here

John (jstrutt) :crazy

Welcome from Glendale...same Big Mike from VCA forums? :howdy

Yup! Hurray, no more VCA for me!

Have a few pals over there, one in paticular...Juli, I re-call you sticking up for her on the Alley (I believe) when some guy(s) was ragging on her for posting alot. Thanks :thumbs

She's harmless, and enjoys cars (she also recently bought a new Vette BTW) she just likes to post alot, about everything...and has all day to do it.

Thanks for the welcome guys. A get together night would be cool. I would imagine the Pavillions would be a great place to meet up on a Saturday night.

We will have to plan a Saturday meet.