NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C3 n00b from Coolidge

Devryn

:willy: Good morning everyone. I'm Josh from Coolidge. I'm a 26 year old Air Force Veteran, car enthusiast, and all around geek. I restored a 78 Camaro when I was in high school. Since then, I've owned 3 other Camaros (79Z, 77 LT, 86 IROC). I was holding out for the 2010 Camaro, but I decided to buy a 1980 Vette instead. This gives me a solid running older car to tinker with AND allows me to keep my daily driver and besides...It's a VETTE! Never thought I'd own one, honestly.

I'm here to learn. I know enough about cars to keep them running, but I'm not a mechanic by any means. I've never rebuilt an engine from the ground up, but I have replaced a few head gaskets and timing chains in my day. I'm an active member of a few other automotive communities: NastyZ28, S-series.org, and 5thgen.org.

The Vette is a California Vette, so the first order of business will be getting it a real engine (305 gotta go!). I'll be picking it up in December. Since these pics have been taken, the interior has been completely changed to black with all new leather upholstery. That which wasn't in good condition to be dyed was replaced. The exterior is beautiful. The front suspension has been rebuilt. The vacuum to the headlights works, but there's a vaccuum leak somewhere else...I picked it up for $6K...Anyway...Hi!

2946115_1_full.jpg

2946115_2_full.jpg

2946115_3_full.jpg

Great introduction.

You will find many members very helpful and willing to help if you just ask.

Hope to see you at an event soon.

Phil... :phil evil:

Greeting,

So we will see you in the Casa Grande car show this spring?

I'll definately be there as a spectator. I don't think the Vette is/will be show worthy. :)

:howdy from Just South of the North Pole and Just a few seconds North of Montana . . . . . . .

Thanks for the introduction and be sure to become familiar with the complete ACE site including the Events Section. Don't be shy. If you need any help using the ACE Forum just ask any Forum Moderator or Administrator . . . . . they'd be happy to help you out. Be sure to put your mark on the ACE MAP and tell us how you heard about ACE by Clicking Here

John (jstrutt) :crazy

Phill's Vette

Welcome to ACE from Mesa!

Good looking 80 you have - good price you paid also!!

I'll be looking for such a deal on a fixer upper Stingray (70 -75) at the first of the year.

:thumbs

Welcome to ACE!!! :howdy

Your one of the first to actually open your own welcome thread and provide a great intro for yourself, my hats off to ya!!!!

Hope to meet up with you soon and see that red C3, killer price BTW :thumbs

will be happy to welp whenever we can.

And when Chad is done "welping" for you, we can help too!!!