NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C3 Needs some fuel line...

Donbecker

Hi all, 76 L-48 (350).

I have a stalling problem at high RPM's, and I think that the rubber lines between the hard lines and the fuel pump are causing a restriction.

The original lines were molded rubber, but I put straight on when I changed the pump as I couldn't find the molded ones locally.

Does anyone know where to get some in Phoenix this weekend?

I just moved here and don't know where to go. I need to drive it to work on Monday...

Just ordered them from Ecklers, it will take about 5 days to get here.

I'm thinking about using a SS braided fuel line for the supply (the one that makes the big bends).

Any takers?

try chevs n vettes in scottsdale - they may have them - they are at mcclintock and just north of the 202 freeway!

www.cnv-corvettes.com

Phone us at:

(480) 994-8388 Open 6 days a week to serve you.

other than that i'm stuck, i don't know where else - good luck and let us all know your luck - some might need to know your new source someday!

one more "thought" about possible problem - when was the last time you changed your fuel filter? think about it - higher RPM needs more fuel, clogged fuel filter will allow some, but possibly not enough through - just a thought!

Replaced fuel filter yesterday. As well as new vented gas cap.

CnV - parts is closed on weekends. Might try them Monday though.

Thanks.

I'm wondering if the braided line would work at this point?

Replaced fuel filter yesterday. As well as new vented gas cap.

CnV - parts is closed on weekends. Might try them Monday though.

Thanks.

I'm wondering if the braided line would work at this point?

Braided lines don't work well there. It is a very tight bend and unless you have the specific molded hoses they will crimp closed. I fought with this on mine when I swapped engines. I tried for about 1 month with different hoses and angles and combinations. I ended up getting a new set from Mid America or Ecklers.

Another thing to look at if it is crapping out on the top end is if the float level is set correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

It ended up being a pinched supply line at the tank. The tank and the metal surround had pinched it shut.

I ordered the molded hoses from Ecklers, but only the supply line was molded, the other was straight. :\

Thanks again for trying to help...

Hope you have it running right in time for our next lunch (Sept 3rd) or the next cruise (Sept 17th).