NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

WTB Junk LT1 Water Pump

Rimcrew

I know it sounds strange, but I'm wondering if anyone has a used/junk LT1 water pump that they want to sell. I'm going to be putting on an electric pump, and I need the old housing to use for the new pump. I figured I could start the clean up on another pump, to minimize the down time on my car...

Wish I could help..........if only.........I just had a good pump replaced for a new one when I did my Opti-spark and they probably chucked the old one. I'll check with them. If they still have it I'll let you know and ship it for the postage.

Hey Kelly, make sure that you get the right one because they switched the housings at some point. I can't remember what years have the same as a 94, but you need one with the two smaller tubes on it. There is a good write up on the conversion on CorvetteForum.com. Do a search on electric waterpump install. It shouldn't take that long to convert the old one once you remove it. One other thing, some people have had problems with the shaft from the wp drive gear wallowing out the seal and causing an oil leak. Most reccomend that the gear be removed and the hole plugged but that's a lot more work. Robert :burnout

Hey Robert - as usual, I have half the information I need... Thanks for pointing out that there are multiple housings. I guess I need to do a little more homework.

John - if they still have it, and it will work on a '94, let me know.

Off to read the CF conversion write-up...

Thanks all.

Sorry Kelly, talked to my Tech this am and the core was sent back. Next time I keep all parts and to hell with core charges.

Sorry Kelly, talked to my Tech this am and the core was sent back. Next time I keep all parts and to hell with core charges.

Lol - No problem John. Thanks for checking!

There was a local junkyard place mentioned a few months ago that always has a few Vettes that are being parted out. Anyone remember the name?

There was a local junkyard place mentioned a few months ago that always has a few Vettes that are being parted out. Anyone remember the name?

20th St. Auto specializes in C3 and C4 parts

• 2 weeks later...

They are starting to get a few C-5 s there too. Best thing to do is call them first to see if they have what you need. many of their cars don't have engines in them as they are removed and sold off pretty quickly. :black vette::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave3::wave3::wave3::wave3::wave3: