NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Best Tune Shop in Arizona?

Guest Vette4my6s

Guest Vette4my6s

Looking for opinions of the best place to get my Vette customed tuned. I want to get one done right after I install the Vette-Air & Halltech Venom I just ordered. It looks like AZ Power and Sound has closed down from what I am hearing. Does anybody have any experience with Xtreme Motorsports?

If your just wanting a tune, then you need to talk to Nic, he is good....

If you need work done, then ADS or Xtreme can do the job, both of them have been around for awhile!

Guest Vette4my6s
If your just wanting a tune, then you need to talk to Nic, he is good....

If you need work done, then ADS or Xtreme can do the job, both of them have been around for awhile!

Okay Thanks! But here's a stupid question... what does ADS stand for and how can I contact them?

• 2 weeks later...
I hear AZPS is good

...not

They were because they had Nic do all their tuning.

If you have anything bad to say like these little cheap shots I would be happy to run you with my AZPS car.

20 days later and you still didn't figure out that it was a "just joking' reply?

Lighten up a little, you don't need to defend AZPS here.

I hear AZPS is good

...not

They were because they had Nic do all their tuning.

If you have anything bad to say like these little cheap shots I would be happy to run you with my AZPS car.

:bring it on: oh Snap!

Yeah, just because some of us wisenheimers attempt some levity in light of current events in no way means we are taking a swipe at your specific car or any car tuned there. We all know they did do good work at some point, with several of our members more than happy with their 'vettes.

I can't speak for Chad, who among us could, but I don't think he meant any slight in that respect. :2cents

Robert and Elizabeth

Xtreme is where we and others go (since this thing with AZPS) and I highly recommend them. They do good work at a fair price. Just my :2cents

Robert and Elizabeth
ADS is still tops for building corvettes in the valley. Proven reliablity with great customer service.

That is your opinion Glen, especially with the "proven reliability" part. Being fast and being reliable are two very different things. I want my Vette to have both, and it does, period.

Elizabeth, A forum is filled with opinions.. That is what this member is asking for....

In my post I was refering to the shop being reliable... not the car... but I would have to agree that I have not had any issues with my car after taking it to ADS. The time it spend in there is due to upgrades and trying new combinations or just the routine maintenance that is associated with having a car with high horsepower. The job is always done right the first time.

ADS has proven to be able to do the job quickly and with expertise. I take all my vehicles there as they are not just focused on performance cars.

Trying not to jack the thread as it was about tune shops.... but I can tell you this....

ADS has tuned the fastest street driven and dare I say... the highest hp corvette around here....

Not trying to bring up old drama, but If someone wants to prove different, post a timeslip.

Anyone that has heard my car knows it idles like stock.

The bottom line is that people often try other shops first, primarily due to price not the service provided....You hear stories of people leaving other shops to go somewhere else, you never hear of someone leaving ADS.

Elizabeth, A forum is filled with opinions.. That is what this member is asking for....

In my post I was refering to the shop being reliable... not the car... but I would have to agree that I have not had any issues with my car after taking it to ADS. The time it spend in there is due to upgrades and trying new combinations or just the routine maintenance that is associated with having a car with high horsepower. The job is always done right the first time.

ADS has proven to be able to do the job quickly and with expertise. I take all my vehicles there as they are not just focused on performance cars.

Trying not to jack the thread as it was about tune shops.... but I can tell you this....

ADS has tuned the fastest street driven and dare I say... the highest hp corvette around here....

Not trying to bring up old drama, but If someone wants to prove different, post a timeslip.

Anyone that has heard my car knows it idles like stock.

The bottom line is that people often try other shops first, primarily due to price not the service provided....You hear stories of people leaving other shops to go somewhere else, you never hear of someone leaving ADS.

Nic has tuned the highest hp, stock bottom end, pump gas vette in the US. This was without meth/alchy as well.

Kinda easy to make power when you're on 109, try and do the same numbers with 91!

I will always let Nic D tune any LS powered vehicle I have.

You have any recent dyno sheets Glen?

A tune for me is not solely about hp numbers its about hp numbers with reliabilty. The tune in my car has been in there for over 1.5 years, without modification and I have put over 20k miles on it..The last time my car was dynoed was over 6 months ago. I havent really driven it much in the past year (maybe 1x a week).

Dyno numbers are very subjective anyway. 2 dynos on opposite ends of town can read entirely different on the same day (weather not being a factor). It depends on if the dyno is set up properly... Everyone knows for big numbers you go to ProDyno cause their dyno reads high.

Besides... who cares about dyno numbers.... its about timeslips.... Power without traction is unimpressive.

For me its not about stock bottom ends or pump gas numbers in July.. its about having the fastest car possible that I can enjoy on the street. My car runs on a minimum of 109 + alky..

Vette4My6s asked for an opinion on what tune shop is best.. Opinions are like buttholes... everyone has one and they all stink by yours.....

I may run my car at the dyno day that is coming up or you could always meet me at firebird one of these weekends for some friendly drag racing.

I had Jason at XMS and Nic do mine last week. You can read about the problems I had (you probably already have). To make a long story short, I love the tune that Nic did for me. I can't tell you the difference it made in my car. Jason was very sympathetic for what I was going through and worked with me on the price. I told him that it wasn't his problem but he gave me a break anyway. I will give them my business anytime. XMS is really the only one in the Valley that I have worked with, so I can't comment on any other shops. I'm just putting my .02 in for a great experience with Jason and Nic.

A tune for me is not solely about hp numbers its about hp numbers with reliabilty.

I totally agree with you. Making horsepower is the easy part as it's just timing and fuel, making it last is what takes time and talent.

Dyno numbers are very subjective anyway. 2 dynos on opposite ends of town can read entirely different on the same day (weather not being a factor). It depends on if the dyno is set up properly... Everyone knows for big numbers you go to ProDyno cause their dyno reads high.

A dynojet doesn't have a calibration so to speak and are accurate within 1% across the board no matter which model dynojet you run on. One thing you can do to bump your power up a bit for a dyno pull is to run high pressure in the rear tires and lightly strap the car down. Now when I say bump I mean all of 5 whp, it's not like it's a big jump. It's all due to the rolling resistance of the tire, etc. The only thing I dislike about mustang dynos is that it's up to the operator to configure things and if I wanted to I could make a honda civic read 300 hp. I do like the mustang dynos and their load control but most any dynojet now a days has a load cell on it as well.

I may run my car at the dyno day that is coming up or you could always meet me at firebird one of these weekends for some friendly drag racing. Besides... who cares about dyno numbers.... its about timeslips.... Power without traction is unimpressive.

Cool, it's been a while since I have seen you or your car. I also might have a challenger for your timeslip coming up here at the track. He is a sneaky guy named Bryce who has nothing but a stock bottom end C5 with an APS TT kit on it. His first track results were abysmal on 7 psi and pump gas and blowing the tires off. :) I guess I could run you for your timeslip too but I didn't think I would qualify since it's an f-body and you are talking about vettes here. :)

what happened to Bryces C5? .... Im not saying that I have the fastest car... just Corvette....

The car is tenatively sold right now... so I doubt Ill run it on the dyno... Ill know more in the next couple of days.

what happened to Bryces C5? .... Im not saying that I have the fastest car... just Corvette....

The car is tenatively sold right now... so I doubt Ill run it on the dyno... Ill know more in the next couple of days.

Bryce just put on an APS TT kit on it. First pass ever was an 11.0 on 7 psi with a horrible 60' (2.0) since his hand control hits the door panel. I am fixing that right now so he can do a burnout and brake stall at the line. With a good 60' that's a mid 10 and that's as slow as it will go off the wastegates. It's really tuned for 14 psi with good gas.