NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Dead Battery

knkayotte

Well my battery in the Vette died. The battery that was in there was about 3.5 years old if that. I think I?m just going to replace them every two years. Anybody else do this, or do you wait for it die before changing it out?

Lucky it decided to croak in the garage and not on the highway. I noticed the car had been surging lately, I bet it was the battery starting to short out.

Mine went out in the parking lot at Costco. Should have just gone in and bought the redtop then but I figured since it was under warranty I'd have to take it to a dealer. There's an emergency clause in the warranty that allows you to get a battery of your choice if the dealer isn't open. The General bought my redtop. :D

I think if you pay attention to your Vette you'll be able to tell when it's going 9 out of 10 times. They do some quirky things when the battery is weak. :crazy

Guest 1FASTC4

3.5 years from a battery in AZ, that's pretty darned good? No offense but anything over 2 years ia a bonus. I have one of those two year free replacement batteries. Well worth the few extra $$ IMHO.

Guest Sidewinder

We just had to put a red top in hers. Battery died after 3 years. Probably from driving so slow, not letting the alternator charge it. :smilelol

i've had my redtop in my truck for 7 years - pulled it out because i thought it was dying - turned out to be a bad starter - gonna put that bad boy back in! it's just sitting on a bench in the garage on the trickle charger!

We just had to put a red top in hers. Battery died after 3 years. Probably from driving so slow, not letting the altenator charge it. :smilelol

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Thats funny

Phil... :devil

Guest XLR8TNC5
We just had to put a red top in hers. Battery died after 3 years. Probably from driving so slow, not letting the altenator charge it. :smilelol

Thats funny

WTF EVER Mark... lol. It died because the car had not been driven or started since June 18th (CHINO VALLEY RUN.) I got home from Chino Valley and parked it and it sat there. I have not had time to drive it. Anyway, I have a redtop now and it is running like a dream. I have driven it three days in a row and trust me, SLOW is not the term I would use for my driving habits! So there! :bang

T

Tanya = Slow..... NOT!

I would sooner think you got where you were going so fast it didn't have time to charge. :lol:lol

Stay on topic here guys :angry This topic is about me me me me me me me me and my dead battery. :angry :angry :banghead:banghead :angry :angry

God you guys stress me out :angry :angry

This is not about how fast Tanya is

:D

Stay on topic here guys :angry This topic is about me me me me me me me me and my dead battery. :angry :angry :banghead:banghead :angry :angry

hey SHUT UP and go buy a red top!

:P

Get the Optima red top. just hit 7 years in my truck, and over 9 years in my jeep. I used to go through wet batts. every 6 months in the jeep.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Get the Optima red top. just hit 7 years in my truck, and over 9 years in my jeep. I used to go through wet batts. every 6 months in the jeep.

My former Vette killed a Red Top in a year and a half. I guess I should have got a Yellow Top or a good disconnect switch.

Tanya is a fast driver. Oh, wait! I'm sorry. The post is all about you, you, you!! :smilelol

Guest Sidewinder

Thats funny

WTF EVER Mark... lol. It died because the car had not been driven or started since June 18th (CHINO VALLEY RUN.) I got home from Chino Valley and parked it and it sat there. I have not had time to drive it. Anyway, I have a redtop now and it is running like a dream. I have driven it three days in a row and trust me, SLOW is not the term I would use for my driving habits! So there! :bang

T

All I hear is blah, blah, blah. :crazy

Thats funny

T

All I hear is blah, blah, blah. :crazy

That is also funny...

Phil :D

Guest XLR8TNC5

Lo and Behold.........

So, when you all see "SIDEWINDER" tomorrow, ask him how his battery is doing? Oh wait, he won't be driving his car... I wonder why? LMAO.... The Corvette Gods have placed a bit of justice on him for giving me such a hard time about my Vette and the DEAD battery. :devil

LMAO!!!

And sorry Keith, I didn't mean to make this thread about ME!!! (But you know how it is, when you're me....oh wait, you don't...you just get to watch me have fun...)

:crazy:crazy:crazy

Guest Sidewinder
Lo and Behold.........

So, when you all see "SIDEWINDER" tomorrow, ask him how his battery is doing? Oh wait, he won't be driving his car... I wonder why? LMAO.... The Corvette Gods have placed a bit of justice on him for giving me such a hard time about my Vette and the DEAD battery. :devil

LMAO!!!

And sorry Keith, I didn't mean to make this thread about ME!!! (But you know how it is, when you're me....oh wait, you don't...you just get to watch me have fun...)

:crazy:crazy:crazy

Oh no you dihnt!! :cuss

Lo and Behold.........

So, when you all see "SIDEWINDER" tomorrow, ask him how his battery is doing? Oh wait, he won't be driving his car... I wonder why? LMAO.... The Corvette Gods have placed a bit of justice on him for giving me such a hard time about my Vette and the DEAD battery.  :devil

LMAO!!!

:crazy  :crazy  :crazy

Oh no you dihnt!! :cuss

so what did the corvette gods do?????

you don't...you just get to watch me have fun...

This thread is worthless without pictures... :rolleyes