NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

recover C3 seats

Sevnty3

I have my driver seat out of the "73" car doing that brake booster replacement and was looking into recovering the seats, new foam, etc. Can anyone recommend an upholsterer local with good quality leather? Also, with that seat frame do you think they can make the sides more sturdy and firm like a race seat or should I just buy different seats?

Guest LikeNu2

I just had the interior of my 02 z06 done by 1st Upholstery. I found his work to be second to none. He does not use seat covers but hand sews all the leather himself. He did the incerts of the w 2 seats, lower door panels, brake and shifter boots, the door panel pull rails, and the hand rail in front of the passengers seat. He also embroidered the crossed flags on my GM bra all for $2200. He hand stitched the pleats in the seats and got rid of that perforated leather in the centers. In the AZ heat that is the first place that the seats will crack. No matter how good you take care of the seats once they get a bit dry its like connect the dots. I would recommend his work very highly. I will give you his contact information.

1st Upholstery

1307 N Scottsdale Rd

Tempe, AZ

480-449-0292

www.1stupholstery.com

Feel free to mention my name, Joe Bria with the 02 blue zo6. My interior is black from the factory and he did light pewter contrast. If you are in the area of Cave Creek shoot me an email and I will be happy to show the quality of his workmanship.

JoeB

3,503 lbs of trouble

I agree that 1st Upholstery's work is top knotch in quality, but you will PAY out the ying yang. Many will argue that even as high quality as his work is, it's still overpriced, BIGTIME.

Here's another to try:

Chuck @

Razel Dazel Auto Upholstery

4601 N. 7th Ave.

Phx, AZ 85013

(602) 509-7695

I've seen some of his work on a C2.

http://www.splitwindowdiner.com/images/600_PB290011.jpg

He did this trunk. In person it looks excellent, and according to the owner of the Vette he got a smokin' deal for the high quality.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't going to say anything 'cause I don't want to knock anyone that is recommended on this site, but I would have to agree with 3,503, they are very pricey (pricy, pricie ok how is it spelled?!?!). I got a price to do a centerconsole and a shifter boot and it would only cost $350.00!

Oh BTW, they do very good work. They have done a few cars for the SEMA shows.

There is a place on Country Club just South of McKellips before you get to McLellan on the West side of the street. I forget the name of it and it is a total hole in the wall place, but they have done some very impressive work on some show cars.

Man I can not remember the name of the place and that gets me mad... :banghead I'll post the name when and if I remember....

Andrew.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I wasn't going to say anything 'cause I don't want to knock anyone that is recommended on this site, but I would have to agree with 3,503, they are very pricey (pricy, pricie ok how is it spelled?!?!). I got a price to do a centerconsole and a shifter boot and it would only cost $350.00!

Oh BTW, they do very good work. They have done a few cars for the SEMA shows.

I will never knock 1st Upholstery's work, only their prices. They wanted $800. to put a roof liner in my friend's '79 Z28!! He got it done for $350. at some place full of European exotics in the Scottsdale Airpark.