NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Custom Interiors

GuyverVette

Hi there. Well I wanted to post some pics of the work I've done so far to my vette, and also ask for some advice.

So far I have a new car stereo (a cheap Dual that plays MP3, but hey it was 60 bucks :laughing: and it haves frontal USB access) Pioneer speakers.

238126107RL499146699.jpg

But I finally got my new steering wheel yesterday. Oh I love how it looks and feels, its like 1" smaller than the original.

238126173RL146262126.jpg

and since Im planning on changing the entire interiors to black I painted the horn and telescopic adjust dial, and it looks great with the aluminim. I also got a better looking shifter (Im not big on 8 ball shifters :laughing: ) and new shifter boot, I think it matches the steering wheel really nice. :)

Now I was thinking about painting the dashboard... but.... I dont want it to look cheap, so maybe I can reline it with some faux leather/vynil. That way I can fix the cracks without replacing the entire dash, I'll probably embroid a Corvette Logo on the glove box piece or something. Any opinions?? Somebody did that already?? Does it look good?? Or I should save more money and get another dash???

Im also trying to get some kind of real alluminum overlays for the gauges (not the cheap "looks like alluminim" plastic kit they sell. But If I cant find something like that I was thinking of painting the center console in silver... or something to give it a little contrast on the interiors since its going to be all black..... opinions??

Looking good!!

I changed the interior of my 81' from tan to black. I used a vinyl spray dye that worked really well on everything but the seat belts and carpet of course. Seems like I also used a vinyl cleaner of some kind 1st. That was a long time ago, so I assume they have even better stuff now. My dash was in pretty good shape, but I did fill in a couple of spots that you could not see after I dyed it.

Good luck on your project. Hope to see it when you get done. Be sure to take before and after shots!