NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Is it WRONG.

Guest Ricmin

Guest Ricmin

My Wife and Daughter drove the Vette to the PV mall and parked far away from everyone else. No one around for over 100 ft. I found a note on the windsheild of the Vette that She didn't see, stating that I was damn lucky that the they did not KEYSTRIPE the car because it was parked in two spaces. :angry

I actually had this happen before in Vegas. Honest to God, I was parked 100 yards at least from the nearest vehicle in the south 40 Walmart parking lot. When I came out I had a Burb parked next to me and a nasty note for taking two places! If I was parked up close and taking two spots I could seee the anger, but far away from the door and everyone else? How come these chicken shits are not out there when you came back? :toetap

3,503 lbs of trouble

Bottom line - many people are shit. Trust me, in both instances if your car had been a '94 Hyundai nobody would have bothered to pay it any mind out there on it's own. Some people see the parking away from others as somewhat arrogant on our part if it's a fancy car, and if you take up two spaces, even if nobody is near, they see that as blatantly arrogant and they are looking for an excuse, like your manner of parking, to vent their frustration because they don't have anything like what you do.

Considering you're parked far away from all other cars, how many spaces you take should not matter to anyone as long as it's obvious you're not going to prevent anyone from getting a convenient place to park. Still, to some envious twits it does, so my advice - Don't give assclowns an excuse to go out of their way to harass you by taking up two spaces even when you are nowhere near anybody else.

My only question is why, if you are parked way out away from others, did you or your wife feel a need for two spaces? Again, even thought it does not truly matter, you're only drawing negative attention to your car from assclowns.

I guess I'll be the honest one here. I certainly understand parking out away from the other vehicles. I have never understood taking up two spots. Just seems the driver is saying "my Vette is better than any of your POS'". We all know we feel that way but a guy with a Toyota, Nissan or Cavalier may feel the same way and has every right to do so. Point is if you're already parking way out then why take up two spots. Seems kinda "in your face". I think there are a number of punks out there that would key you just for the hell of it.

Sorry but my .02! :thumbs

I park away from others, but don't take two spots. I try to get a spot that has an island on one side. I will then put that to the passenger side and put my tires as close to the curb as possible, leaving the drivers side over as far as I can. That way if someone does park next to me, it will be less likely that I get dinged.

Or, I just park in the middle of a bunch of other Corvettes, like today, and I don't worry about it then.

Guest 1FASTC4

If you're parked far away , why take up two spots?

Taking two spots is an invitation for a jealous person(or just plain asshat) to invent what they thing is a righteous reason to vandalize your car.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Honestly, I understand where you are coming from Rick. I have been known to do the same thing,b tu then I stopped, and looked at it from everyone elses point of view and decided that I would rather just not attract the attention of MOFO's who live to be total dipshits and mean and negative. So, I also learned that when I park WAYYYY far away.. (I don't care if I have to walk a mile) I will only take one spot and I usually do the same thing Bryan does by finding an ISLAND and then getting as close to it as possible.

I just think in this day and age, more and more people are brazen enough to be asshats and vandalize the car because of their jealousy and I don't care to give them that chance if possible.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

ive gotten my tires slashed before for taking two spots when I had my camaro... So now I just park a million miles away... problem is no matter how far away you park, someone ALWAYS feels the need to still park next to you!

Guest 1FASTC4
problem is no matter how far away you park, someone ALWAYS feels the need to still park next to you!

This is what I run into sometimes. I really have to excercise some self control then.

Guest Ricmin
ive gotten my tires slashed before for taking two spots when I had my camaro... So now I just park a million miles away... problem is no matter how far away you park, someone ALWAYS feels the need to still park next to you!

I have had that happen alot too. Park a 1/4 mile away in "one" spot and there will be someone next to you. 100s of feet of other parking and it has to be next to me.

Yes, I do park alot also in single spots at the end of a lot.

I just try hard to keep the car in the best shape that I can, within reason.. 100,000 miles on it almost now. No door dings either. So far.

I DO NOT door other peoples vehicles no matter how much of a turd that it may be. I also signal. Its Respect. It seem to be serverely lacking anymore it seems.

Just recently my wife's car, that we park anywhere close to the door has ALOT of DEEP scratches on the roof and hood. I would swear someone surfed down it. If that happened to the Vette, I WILL go to jail for what I will do.

I think anyone that messes with someone's property is a chicken****. It really is unfortunate. When I first got my ext cab 4x4 I had trouble wheeling it into the parking spaces evenly and someone keyed it. I park as Bryan said as well, close to an island with the front angled a little closer to the curb than the rear to help prevent a door ding. I think we should all look out for our neighbors and if we see something suspicious report it.