C6Rs wear BLACK/ZR1 spotted at Laguna!

MOTV8

...well more black, and less yeller. :phil evil:

The rabid fans of BadBoyVettes.com got to design the graphic scheme on the C6Rs for the next round at Laguna Seca:

4.jpg

Friday, 12 October 2007

During this season we have been treated twice to the "Ron Fellows edition" Corvette paintjob as a celebration of the Canadian's last year as an active driver with the team in Endurance. But the season finale had something else reserved and what a dream realized it must be for the Badboyvettes (http://www.badboyvettes.com) guys!

2.jpg

Actually, it all started with a visit to Le Mans in 2004 (Corvette GT1 victory by the way...) and a skull logo scribbled on a napkin. Inspired on the "take no prsioners" attitude displayed by the Corvette team the Badboys developed what is now an icon of endurance racing on both sides of the Atlantic, an icon that will be displayed in a unique way during the upcoming ALMS round at Laguna Seca.

The Badboys, which I can only compare to the South American soccer fans which understand their team support as an "unstoppable feeling" are feverishly working on this exclusive paint scheme for the powerful C6Rs which will be unveiled at their pre-race party in Monterey, California on Wednesday, October 17th.

3.jpg

:rockon2:

Robert and Elizabeth
Ah yes young grasshopper, but please notice that the YELLER will still shine through!!!!

And shine it does!! :yesnod

I'm not a fan of the Jake Skull design, but it sure looks good on that hood!!!

Rumor has it they are still using red primer just to be safe. :lol

Robert and Elizabeth

Hey Dawg, that dosen't count because your the one who started the rumor in the first place!!! :smilelol:smilelol

Hey Dawg, that dosen't count because your the one who started the rumor in the first place!!! :smilelol:smilelol

Look what happened when they used the RED primer :eek

Nice try Ed, I think everyone here know's that fiberglass wouldn't crush like that!!!! :toetap

Robert and Elizabeth
Nice try Ed, I think everyone here know's that fiberglass wouldn't crush like that!!!! :toetap

When you add red to fiberglass, something happens chemically and changes the composition of it and it makes it act like metal. :yesnod:smilelol

When you add red to fiberglass, something happens chemically and changes the composition of it and it makes it act like metal. :yesnod:smilelol

Stick with you day job E. I don't think engineering is in your future :lol

:cfdeadagain The 'blogosphere' is blowing up this morning with word that GM has a prototype of its upcoming 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (Blue Devil) in Monterey, California for the last race of the Amercian Le Mans Series season at Laguna Seca Raceway. Even juicier is the rumor that the ZR1 will be doing demonstration laps at some point over the weekend. :burnout2

In Thursday's practice at Laguna Jan Magnussen went quickest in GT1 for Corvette Racing at 1:20.644 in the No. 3 Corvette C6.R he will share with Johnny O'Connell. The duo is looking for its third GT1 victory in four races to close the season. Teammates Olivier Beretta and Oliver Gavin already have clinched their third straight class championship and were 0.296 seconds behind Magnussen.

Don't forget to set your TiVos and VCRs, the race is on Speed this Saturday! :rockon2:

:huh Butt ugly? And blue would be better, I suppose? :edward:

By the way, race is on Speed starting at around 2:30 pm, don't forget to record it, they may show a snippet of the Blue Devil/ZR1....

They did catch some spy shots and it did laps:

2009-Chevy-Corvette-ZR1-Monterey.jpg

GM's upcoming Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 was at Laguna Seca Raceway today for a couple hot laps between American Le Mans Series practice sessions and we're told it's already been put back on the trailer to head back to Detroit. Luckily, we were trackside to get this exclusive shot. While this prototype still wears some of its masking, it's the clearest shot we have yet of what the production Corvette ZR1 will look like.

Robert and Elizabeth

We love the wheels! That is going to be one awesome Vette! Can't wait to get behind the wheel of that one! :burnout

Got to watch the first half of the race, then work called....

You know, I think moving to GT2 will be great, the GT1 class receives about 1/10th the air time that GT2 did, so let's get the C6R into GT2 and stomp some foreign butt!!!!

You know, I think moving to GT2 will be great, the GT1 class receives about 1/10th the air time that GT2 did, so let's get the C6R into GT2 and stomp some foreign butt!!!!

I'm all for kicking some more 'world class sports car' butt, although I think the airtime dominance of GT2 today was due to that championship still being up for grabs between the Ferrari and the Lizard Porsche.....spoiler alert! Results below......

In GT1, Corvette Racing’s Oliver Gavin and Olivier Beretta won their ninth race of the season to cap their championship season. The No. 4 Corvette C6.R beat the sister car of Jan Magnussen and Johnny O’Connell by 28.487 seconds. The 'vettes finished 11th and 12th overall.

The #4 Corvette wore yellow graphics over a black base, while the #3 Corvette wore black graphics over a yellow base. Which once again leads me to conclude that BLACK is faster... :banannasword:

And t-t-tthat's all folks, for GT1 at least. We might never see the C6Rs in that horsepower 'fighting trim' again, 'cept for Le Mans once a year....I don't know what's gonna happen. :willy

I agree about the coverage, but why spend time on a class that ONLY has 2 cars and both are the same team. It sux for the Vette fans but does not make it an interesting class race. It does guarantee a Vette will win though. Did yall see that HP difference the Audi's and their diesels had...why pass????

Guest Sidewinder

Look what happened when they used the RED primer :eek

Ed,

Isn't that CHRISTINE?

From what I saw Dawg, red is also the color of brake lights coming down Yarnell :smilelol:smilelol

From what I saw Dawg, red is also the color of brake lights coming down Yarnell :smilelol:smilelol

Funny, after we let Phil, then you two by, She was ok with it. But when we were leading it wasn't as much fun.

She said the part that bothered her the most was tailgating the public. These curves were not near as scary as the ones before Wikiup at a higher speed...

Hummm, another hood idea???...nah! Can't wait to see it without the "masking"

Speaking of hoods and masking.....they got another spy shot at Laguna of the ZR1 with the hood up:

Corvetter-ZR1-Engine-Hood.jpg

Freaky. Looks almost like they could fab this into a Mopar style 'shaker' hood....still can't see any good details under there though....where's Dan aka 3503 lbs of trouble with his inside information???