NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Retread Member

Bob

I'm back. I had a Red/Black '70 Vert, sold it a couple of years ago. Just picked up a '98 Vert so I'm resurfacing. Met some of you guys at Purp's house, the Pav's and a show at Cocomo Joe's in 2002. Here's the new car, Torch/Black AT, all options, Borla. Only has 38k miles.....

IMG_0106.jpg

Sweet car, welcome back. Hopefully, you've found the events section already. Hope to see you on a cruise soon.

Keith

Welcome :howdy

Tell us a little more about what part of the Valley you live in?

Do you like to attend events for Show, Cruise, etc...

Hope to see you at an event some day.

Phil... :devil

Thanks guys. I'm in Gilbert, 38, married, 3 year old son. I like events, but my free time is limited and my wife "tolerates" my speedy toys. I used to go to the Pavs a lot, now I might be up there once every three months. I used to drag this slug up there......

MVC-024S.jpg

Have to go for a ride when the weather cools off.

You two are KILLING ME !!!

I am making the final payments on a loan this November, and if I was smart and wise I would put the money I am not spending anymore into paying off the truck and the Toyota.

Here is what the other half of my brain is saying I should do with the money......

VTX1800F3_Silver_Tribal_FRONT_medium.jpg

Honda VTX 1800.

This is what I had before the Vette.....

Welcome back. :howdy Hope to meet ya soon when ever the timing is right! Keep the rubber side down on that 2 wheeled monster. And since we seem to be posting pic of scoots of past and present, here was part of the down payment on the Vette!

bike1.jpg

Guest 1FASTC4

Hey P51, we're neighbors! I live in that little tiny house with the two windows on the side. You can see it in your bike picture. Amazign that we live next door to each other.

Hey P51, we're neighbors! I live in that little tiny house with the two windows on the side. You can see it in your bike picture. Amazign that we live next door to each other.

Well howdy neighbor! :howdy I'll make sure I bring you some water. I always wondered who was always in the dog house!

:lol You'll fit right in around here.

Thanks for the re-welcome everyone.

Unfortunately the Busa went bye-bye when the Vette showed (marital reasons, not financial :smilelol ). I'm sure most of you guys are like me, I have a need to chamge the spped toy in the third garage spot about every 1-3 years. I was starting to think about turbocharging the Busa, then I decided I want to see my 3-year old's first day of kindergarten!! :cool

I'm sure I'll get another bike, they've been threatening to redesign the Busa for 2-3 years now. Bikes are just so much performance for the money but they're dangerous and uncomfortable (the fast ones anyway :howdy )

Anyway, I am THOROUGHLY impressed with the C5 so far!! Fast, beautiful, comfortable. I've been enjoying getting up at 5:00 AM on Sat or Sun, dropping the top, picking up a Starbucks and going to a cruise before the heat sets in.

Hope to meet/re-meet you all soon.......

Guest 1FASTC4

My friend has a 'Busa, extended the swing arm and added a 40 shot of Nitrous to it. He's had it up to 206....(said it had plenty more) started gettting nervous at about 180. Wow... that's fast. That fast on a motorcycle... I don't consider myself a coward but I'd be quite a bit nervous going that fast.

My friend has a 'Busa, extended the swing arm and added a 40 shot of Nitrous to it. He's had it up to 206....(said it had plenty more) started gettting nervous at about 180. Wow... that's fast. That fast on a motorcycle... I don't consider myself a coward but I'd be quite a bit nervous going that fast.

If your friend's Busa is "uncorrected" (does not have a yellow box to correct speedo) he probably was doing 10-14% less than the speedo was indicating. The Busa (and other bikes) have notoriously inaccurate speedo's, always in favor of speedo. The '99-'00 Busas were unrestricted, most would go 192-194 mph, one went as fast as 198.6 (straiight, flat, non wind aided). You've got to dump some cash into them and gear them to get them going 210-215 and then they're "purpose built" for top speed. Amazingly, a bike is less aerodynamically efficient than a C5 and CD really starts to hurt them over 175 mph.

I did a ride to Death Valley and had my 2002 pegged at 185 on the speedo and it was still pulling! Only thing is the bike is electronically limited to 186 so I knew I was probably really running 165-170 when the speedo showed 185. You're right, REALLY fast, but these new bikes are SOOOO solid at high speed. I've always had bikes and getting my '82 GPZ 1100 up to 120 was a shaky experience back in 1983. The Busa and these other new hyper bikes are rock-solid all the way to the limiter. You can do 130 with one hand off the bars!!

Guest 1FASTC4
if your friend's Busa is "uncorrected" (does not have a yellow box to correct speedo)

Honestly. I dunno what mods he's done to it beynd what I mentioned . He's a mechanic by trade and I now he'd modded it quite a bit. I'll have to ask him next time I see him.