I'm gonna quit

Desertdawg

I have done nothing but sleep or work.

Friday evening to saturday evening, 18 hours OT.... This was with my normal 8 straight during the day Friday.

A couple of calls today, then nothing for a couple of hours so I sit down here at the puter and ring, theres goes the damn phone again........ so it's off to work one more time!!!!!!

If it wasn't for the stupid paycheck I swear I would quit.

What was that girly commercial?

Calgon - Take me away :ken:

I have done nothing but sleep or work.

Friday evening to saturday evening, 18 hours OT.... This was with my normal 8 straight during the day Friday.

A couple of calls today, then nothing for a couple of hours so I sit down here at the puter and ring, theres goes the damn phone again........ so it's off to work one more time!!!!!!

If it wasn't for the stupid paycheck I swear I would quit.

What was that girly commercial?

Calgon - Take me away :ken:

I feel for you bro'

At first the extra money sounds great!!

.. but day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day it wears thin on you

At first the money looks great, but then the job will eat at your health (mental, and physical).

schedule some vacation for your self. It doesent have to be 2 weeks. Just a short 4 day weekend. Throw a dart on a map and go there.

chad

schedule some vacation for your self. It doesent have to be 2 weeks. Just a short 4 day weekend. Throw a dart on a map and go there.

chad

I'm really scared now! In one week I've agreed with Ken and Cahd. Does that make a warped old guy??? :huh

Seriously Cahd is right. I took 3-4 days along with the Labor Day Holiday and we went to visit #2 Son in Baltimore. I gives you a new lease on life.

Hey look, I made it home in 6 hours, now I can get 3 hours sleep and go to work at 6am. (if they don't call my before then)

Nothing like being fully rested for a monday morning. :chris

Robert and Elizabeth

I totally agree with Chad here. Take an extended weekend for your mental and physical health. Don't wait until our Laughlin trip to get away.

-evil grin-

Got voicemail?

'Sorry, I'm out waxin the Vette, leave yer phone number and I may get back to ya .. I may not!' BEEP

-Frank

Hey look, I made it home in 6 hours, now I can get 3 hours sleep and go to work at 6am. (if they don't call my before then)

Nothing like being fully rested for a monday morning. :chris

Sounds like you need caller ID

When our boss on the PD would call and you didn't want to go all you had to say was "I've had a couple beers boss""Do you think it would be a good idea for me to be driving a city vehicle?" Unfortunately my boss knew I don't drink. Even so, he still accepted that excuse a couple times knowing I was just tired of call out OT.

Well I made it home this afternoon and got 6 full hours of "dead to the world sleep", so now I feel better...

Yes I'm saving for my retirement, but early??? no! I don't pay into the social security fund, all railroad employees pay into the railroad retirement fund. The big advantage is I will receive a really nice retirement check compared to SS, but early retirement is very costly, I can go at 58 with a 35% reduction in retirement, or age 60 with full retirement. I have a little over 16 years to go...

And to the other option of caller ID, or turning down calls, unfortunately I bid this job, so I am pretty much expected to take the calls, the RR runs 24/7 and delaying the trains is not an option.

Last numbers I heard, it costs somewhere around 1 million per hour for each train delay. Yeah that sounds outrageous but think of the ripple effect it has on the whole system when we stop them out here for a couple of hours trying to get someone out to fix the problem. BTW, we average about 50 trains per 24 hours across AZ.

Eddie, if we use the "I've been drinking" excuse to many times, they require us to have a review for substance abuse.... Not fun!!!

What they said dawg, moneys nice but you gotta take care of #1 and make it to that retirement age. I know Im not one to talk I left the house at 4am, today and just got home at 10 pm but then again Im still young. :banannarainbow:

Well I made it home this afternoon and got 6 full hours of "dead to the world sleep", so now I feel better...

Yes I'm saving for my retirement, but early??? no! I don't pay into the social security fund, all railroad employees pay into the railroad retirement fund. The big advantage is I will receive a really nice retirement check compared to SS, but early retirement is very costly, I can go at 58 with a 35% reduction in retirement, or age 60 with full retirement. I have a little over 16 years to go...

you have 16 years to go until when? 58 or 60?

does the retirement become elibigle after 20 years?

if you took all that overtime and put it in a nice growth fund you might be able to reitre BEFORE 58 - then just riding it out until you turn 60 then soak in that big bucks RR retirement

if you took all that overtime and put it in a nice growth fund you might be able to reitre BEFORE 58 - then just riding it out until you turn 60 then soak in that big bucks RR retirement

Actually great advice Chris until you factor in his kids in college.

I've been collecting my pension for over 12 yrs now. I retired when I was 43 yrs old. My plan was to retire early but then the kids grow up and go off to college. Mine cost me very little because the State of AZ paid for two and the third has his Uncle Sam to pay when he's ready. That said, you have to be extremely disciplined to do that. You can't go out and buy new cars every few years, etc. I'm just not that disciplined and very few people are.

I'm not sure that early retirement is for everyone anyway. I have no idea what I'd do if I didn't work. You guys all work all week so I can only play Corvette on the weekends.

I've been collecting my pension for over 12 yrs now. I retired when I was 43 yrs old. My plan was to retire early but then the kids grow up and go off to college. Mine cost me very little because the State of AZ paid for two and the third has his Uncle Sam to pay when he's ready. That said, you have to be extremely disciplined to do that. You can't go out and buy new cars every few years, etc. I'm just not that disciplined and very few people are.

I'm not sure that early retirement is for everyone anyway. I have no idea what I'd do if I didn't work. You guys all work all week so I can only play Corvette on the weekends.

Eddie, got a job for me? I think in 6 months or so I'll be bored.....just got this feeling. :banannadance:

Eddie, got a job for me? I think in 6 months or so I'll be bored.....just got this feeling. :banannadance:

If you can count to 10 we're hiring tellers :lol

If you can count to 10 we're hiring tellers :lol

Great who do I tell and what do I tell them? :cfdeadagain

true eddie - but didn't his oldest just graduate?

one down, one to go?!?!?!

and the key for YOU is that you work because YOU WANT TO - not because you have to - there is a BIG difference in job satisfaction levels, and personal well being between those to levels!

I have to work 30 years to be vested in insurance to cover us.

I have to be 60 years old to receive full retirement.

I can retire early and not collect until I'm 60, that way I won't take a cut in pay, but after footing the bill for college I will need to play catchup with my 401K.

Yeah the oldest is out and supporting herself now, but the youngest is planning another year at NAU after this one, then probably on to medical school for a masters in Psychology. I will help her get through it, but I don't plan on paying that entire bill...

Retirement is still just a distant dream, but I'll get there one day...