I passed my CCRN certification

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

Today I took my critical care certification exam called the CCRN. Not many critical care RNs get this certification because it is very hard to pass. I believe only 15% or less get their CCRNs. Well, I decided to torture myself and take it. I needed to take it because for my Master's degree in Nurse Anesthesia, it is either required or highly recommended for admission to the schools I want to apply to. In other words, I need all the help I can get to be accepted into the school I want. I was more nervous before this exam than I was when I took my state boards for my RN in 2001. For the CCRN, you get 3 hours to answer 150 questions on a computer at H&R Block. It took me 90 minutes. After I finished and left the testing room, the printer spit out a watermarked paper to the proctor stating if I had passed or not. It was really nice to find out if I had passed right there and then. Honestly, I just about fainted when I read that I had passed! I was in shock because I fully did not expect to pass it. I have great knowledgable co-workers with many more years experience than I do that did not pass on their first time. So, I now get to sign all my paperwork EDrew RN BSN CCRN. I just wish Banner paid extra for it in my hourly wage. But, I shouldn't complain too much, they are reimbursing me for my certification costs. :thumbs

My celebration dinner..... homemade shrimp scampi and a juicy steak!! yummmmmy! :D

:partygrnhat: Awesome and congrats E!!! WE all knew you could do it smarty, we've seen your scores on all these 'quiz' threads! :thumbs

Way to go girl! :partydance:

From watching my sister eat after her operation I'm guessing that was about 3 shrimp and 1/4 of the steak I'd eat. Still good huh?

Robert and Elizabeth
Way to go girl! :partydance: From watching my sister eat after her operation I'm guessing that was about 3 shrimp and 1/4 of the steak I'd eat. Still good huh?
It was 2 shrimp and about 1/4 of the steak. It took about an hour to eat but it tasted wonderful!
:confetti::confetti: Hey, thats good news.... :confetti::confetti::party5::party5::party5::party5::party5: Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night????
Yes I did!

Robert and Elizabeth
Congrats Elizabeth! Was it a Holiday Inn or a Holiday Inn Express? It makes a difference you know........ :lol:lol:cheers:cheers

Holiday Inn Express ya know (in my best Canadian accent :D )

I had to pay by the hour and put a deposit down for the linens! :smilelol:lol:smilelol