Got a small air compressor in your "trunk"

Togo

i bought a cheapie mini compressor that i attempted to inflate one of the tires on my truck, and after 5 minutes, it inflated just a few psi.

so what do YOU have experience with?

does your compressor have an "all in one" like a battery starter box?

tells us what you got - where'd you get it? and what'd it cost?

I paid about $25 for one at NAPA, and it's still unused... But after reading your post, I think I will dig it out and give it a test one day soon!!!

We have a Sears one that supposedly can charge a battery through the cig lighter. Never tested it though. The compressor part has been put to good use though. Got a nail in Ruidoso aired up the tire in the snow and drove to Las Cruces to get it fixed at a Discount Tire location.

Also used it a few other times and it airs up pretty quick.

Andrew

The Z comes with one from the factory.

We don't have runflats or a spare tire!!

I use it all the time at the strip to re-inflate to street pressure for the ride home!!

Ken

I lug around a small but sturdy little Campbell Hausfeld compressor that does the job, but it won't win any race to inflate tires.

See if you can find a compressor from an M3. Some of my friends had M3's and I used their compressor a few times out at Firebird. Small & worked great!

Jim

I have an old one that I think my kids bought me for xmas one year. It came from Kmart if I recall correctly. It had a flashlight, emergency light, and compressor. It took up too much room so I tore the case apart and now I carry just the compressor. It's about 1/4 the size of the original. Again, it won't win any races but it does the job.

I've carried mini air compressors in all my cars for decades. Most flats are slow leaks and not blow-outs, so, if you're patient, you can pump up a totally flat tire enough to get you down the road to get it fixed. It beats putting the spare tire on, or in the case of the Vette, keeping enough air in the runflat that you don't ruin it while getting to a tire shop.

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert has one he bought from Pep Boys about 2 years ago. It is small, plugs into the cig lighter and fills the few psi we need pretty quickly. I think he paid $20ish for it. It is even yeller to match Vanessa! :thumbs