Would you like someone to remove that foot?

Eddie44

I took the C6 back to Courtesy today for work on the roof. They had to order parts when I was in last time.

As I was standing in the service drive waiting for them to bring it up a yellow Z06 pulled in. An elderly male service writer motions me over. He says "know what that is"? Before I could answer he says "it's a Z06 model Corvette". "You can tell by the little scoop on the front of the hood and them wide fenders on the back" "know why those are flared on the back"? "cause the rear tires are wider than the front ones".

I finally get a word in edgewise and say " they're nice cars". He continues "I hate em, everytime I've driven one of them Corvettes I get out and check the back of my pants to see if they've worn off on the pavement" "they sit too damn low".

Just as he's pausing in his tirade my C6 pulls up and I just say "you must be getting old". All he can say is "is that yours?" I say "yup", get in and drive away laughing.

Guest Vettski
I took the C6 back to Courtesy today for work on the roof. They had to order parts when I was in last time.

As I was standing in the service drive waiting for them to bring it up a yellow Z06 pulled in. An elderly male service writer motions me over. He says "know what that is"? Before I could answer he says "it's a Z06 model Corvette". "You can tell by the little scoop on the front of the hood and them wide fenders on the back" "know why those are flared on the back"? "cause the rear tires are wider than the front ones".

I finally get a word in edgewise and say " they're nice cars". He continues "I hate em, everytime I've driven one of them Corvettes I get out and check the back of my pants to see if they've worn off on the pavement" "they sit too damn low".

Just as he's pausing in his tirade my C6 pulls up and I just say "you must be getting old". All he can say is "is that yours?" I say "yup", get in and drive away laughing.

Good one! Thanks for the laugh!

Hmmm Haven't checked my pants lately. Wonder if.........

the only reason i have to be checking my pants is to make sure they didn't get soiled during some of the high speed runs we've been on! :leaving

Well the C6 is back to Courtesy in the morning. It's been there a total of 4 days to fix a airbag light, rearend chatter and top making noises. A competant dealership should have been able to fix all that in two days max.

Last week I made an appt for Friday to get the top done. Showed up at 7:15 am. Left the Vette and at about 3:30 pm they call to say they couldn't get to it that day and asked if I could bring it back on Monday? Get this..... the reason was that their trim/top guy was on vacation. Could one of you computer geeks design them a system that would not allow them to schedule appts on a day the tech is on vacation? I'm thinking maybe they could look at Outlook?

Anyway, I'll let you know how tomorrow goes after Friday when I explained to the Service Manager how his Dept should be run. :D

Well when I got to Courtesy this morning the Service Writer knew I'd talked to the Service Mgr. He had the balls to tell me that if I had a complaint I should have come to him and not the Mgr. I explained to him that I had tried to call him but his voicemail doesn't work. He all but called me a liar. I left it at 7:45 am and he called approx. 10:30 am to say it was ready. When I got there at lunch time to p/u the Vette he apologized about the voicemail cause it wasn't working properly. He did a ton of ass kissing this time. Why is it you have to talk to managers in order to get anything done right? Whatever happened to good old American customer service?

Well when I got to Courtesy this morning the Service Writer knew I'd talked to the Service Mgr. He had the balls to tell me that if I had a complaint I should have come to him and not the Mgr. I explained to him that I had tried to call him but his voicemail doesn't work. He all but called me a liar. I left it at 7:45 am and he called approx. 10:30 am to say it was ready. When I got there at lunch time to p/u the Vette he apologized about the voicemail cause it wasn't working properly. He did a ton of ass kissing this time. Why is it you have to talk to managers in order to get anything done right? Whatever happened to good old American customer service?

Because service writers are a bunch of monkeys that don't even know squat about mechanics or electrical work. Basically they are the guys too dumb to work in the shop...and you know how bright those guys are.

Because service writers are a bunch of monkeys that don't even know squat about mechanics or electrical work. Basically they are the guys too dumb to work in the shop...and you know how bright those guys are.

Sean, let me introduce you to Edward, the new Mod in our Technical/Repair Section. :leaving

Ed- Internal Service Advisor/Detail Department Mgr. @ a GM Dealer

Service Advisor sounds different that "Service Writer" if you ask me.

Well, he did put Mgr in the description too. I think Advisor vs Writer is symantics but not sure.

I take care of getting all the New vehicles through PDI Pre delivery inspection. Catching what may have been missed at the factory (loose, missing, damaged parts address open Recalls) As well as getting Trade in's or purchase vehicles through Recon. I am A.S.E. Certified - have been for the last 15 years. And certified through GM as a Service Consultant. (Service and Parts)

One thing I Do is look at the vehicles myself with the Technician and verify his recommendations. I will "Advise" a U/C Dept. Mgr of recommendations but will not force unnecessary upsales ie.

"wallet flushes" pwr steering, engine, trans, brake fluid etc. Thats one thing you will find on the service drive! " Can you be taken for a ride at a dealer? " Sure! .....Just make sure your Service Writer completely understands you as to what you want and what you dont want. - Set him/her straight upfront. But there again....."Can you be taken for a ride at any business?" - Sure!

" Can you be taken for a ride at a dealer? " Sure! .....Just make sure your Service Writer completely understands you as to what you want and what you dont want. - Set him/her straight upfront. But there again....."Can you be taken for a ride at any business?" - Sure!

Right on Ed. Think of this.....as a hotel/bar owner was I ever presented the opportunity to serve someone who was totally wasted water instead of Vodka. You can bet your sweet ass I had the chance many times over and could have made a fortune doing it. Did I? No. The same applies to dealerships and stealerships. JMO

Always surprises me how many people in Customer Service just don't seem to understand 'Customer Service' ..yanno?

-Frank

I got a call this morning from the Service Mgr. He too tried to buy my completely satisfied vote on their survey. I don't think he could believe it when I turned down an oil change first and then he offered a complete detail if I'd give them a perfect score. I told him I'd come back to his dealership because the tech's did there job well but their customer service still sucked and my vote wasn't for sale. After about 15 mins he finally understood and just assured me that next time would be different. I love to complain to mgrs and then turn down their freebies. The get so frustrated cause so many people just complain to get a freebie that they can't understand it when you turn them down.

:partydance: :partydance:

$150-200 donation to customer support???

Nice job Ed..................

Too bad it wasn't face to face!!

He tries to bribe you and you flip out the badge and watch him s**t his pants!! :willy:willy:rolf:rolf

Now that would have been some funny vid for TV!!

Ken

• 3 weeks later...