NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

LS1 to LS2 Intake Conversion

Jester

Has anybody out there converted an LS1 intake setup to an LS2? We just did the mod on Ken Wilmore’s 99 FRC last night and all seems to be good. Had to do a few modifications in the cooling department and Fuel Rail / Injectors, Amazing what a hammer can do !!!

Anyway we put on the LS2 intake and a 90mm LS2 TB but used the existing fuel rail and injectors that are 26lb. I think we may want to go with 40 or 50 lb injectors and a higher pressure fuel pump to give the engine more food and take advantage of all the extra air being sucked in.

We also had to modify the water jacket cooling rail that was located in the valley under the Manifold and just took it outside and across the side of the manifold.

Car fired up and seemed to run fine, had an initial Check engine light but that went away after a few miles behind the wheel.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has done this. BTW We are looking for an LS2 Fuel Rail if anybody has one for sale.

Here are the part numbers from GMPartsDiret.com

89017648 LS2 intake

89017587 LS2 fuel injector o-rings (orange)

12572174 LS2 fuel rail

12578838 front coolant tube

12563325 rear coolant plugs x2

The throttle cable bracket will need to be changed too. The guys on LS1Tech.com have mentioned a member named KJ@SDPC has them or makes them. Not too sure.

and of course the 90mm throttle body from F.A.S.T.

Andrew

EDIT: I hit submit instead of preview...OOPS!!!!

Anyways, Most of the peeps I've seen do the swap have been happy with the results. I thought about doing it with the GTO but money always comes short for some reason.......