NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Biting the "Bullet"

Loud Pedal

Well, I'm finally giving in and ordering some new pipes. Billy boat exhaust makes what they call a "fusion" exhaust sytem that utilizes the butterfly valves. I have the switch and use it quite a bit to get rid of the drone on the highway.

These things look like a work of art and sound awesome to me. Install should happen sometime next week. They gave me 10% ACE discount. :banannasword:

Jenna's response.... "You spent HOW MUCH ON A MUFFLER?!?!?!". Wive's don't get it. :lol

Who did you buy them from?

Probably could have got a nice set of LG or Kook's long tubes for those $$..........

I thought the $700 price tag on the C5 PRT's was high until I saw the C6 catback prices!! :jd

I'll beat on you at lunch!! :ken:

Ken

Hey, I got to use my own smilee!!

Who did you buy them from?

Probably could have got a nice set of LG or Kook's long tubes for those $$..........

I thought the $700 price tag on the C5 PRT's was high until I saw the C6 catback prices!! :jd

I'll beat on you at lunch!! :ken:

Ken

Hey, I got to use my own smilee!!

BB is right here in Phoenix. I'm buying direct from them and they are installing them. I found a better price on another web site, so I'll beat up on them a little more. They sure are proud of those damn things. I haven't swiped the card yet, so I can still consider other options. It definately needs to be uncorked a little though.

The next step for the exhaust would be the LGs and high flow cats. Then its set up for the heads/cam down the road. I bitched up a storm about the roof seperation issue, so its under a free GMPP major guard that exprires in another 55000 miles. Don't know if I can hold out that long, but it would be wise. Then again, when did mods and wisdom ever coexist? :devil

Congrats, Dave! I love my bullets. Sorry about the new "Z06" d!ck tax over and above the regular 'vette tax, hope you get a deal. You won't be disappointed. Nor will Jenna for that matter, once she hears that Z sing at WOT. :rockon2:

Disclaimer: Your gas mileage may suffer. :burnout2

Well, I'm finally giving in and order some new pipes. Billy boat exhaust makes what they call a "fusion" exhaust sytem that utilizes the butterfly valves. I have the switch and use it quite a bit to get rid of the drone on the highway.

These things look like a work of art and sound awesome to me. Install should happen sometime next week. They gave me 10% ACE discount. :banannasword:

Jenna's response.... "You spent HOW MUCH ON A MUFFLER?!?!?!". Wive's don't get it. :lol

That looks like a sweet set up!!! It will certainly wake up the car, and the neighborhood..... Congrats on the choice!

Andrew

Well, I'm finally giving in and order some new pipes. Billy boat exhaust makes what they call a "fusion" exhaust sytem that utilizes the butterfly valves. I have the switch and use it quite a bit to get rid of the drone on the highway.

That looks like a sweet set up!!! It will certainly wake up the car, and the neighborhood..... Congrats on the choice!

Andrew

The neighbors will just think that a B-29 is taking off!!! :cool Robert :burnout

You won't be disappointed. Nor will Jenna for that matter, once she hears that Z sing at WOT. :rockon2:

Disclaimer: Your gas mileage may suffer. :burnout2

:agree

Stacie thought the same thing...why do you want to do that??? Then the first time she heard it WOT on the way back from Tucson she had a "girly" moment when I punched it to get by some traffic. Her exact words, "Boy, that sounds pretty!"

I took that as license for more mods. :lol:lol

Guest Sidewinder

When I bought the bullets for the '98 I bought them on sale from TByrne (no tax) and then arranged for me to pick them up at the B&B facility (no shipping). The Z should sound good on the runway Dave. :beerbang:

When I bought the bullets for the '98 I bought them on sale from TByrne (no tax) and then arranged for me to pick them up at the B&B facility (no shipping). The Z should sound good on the runway Dave. :beerbang:

I called Tom and did the same thing. $1450 total. Saves quite a few bucks. It's still pricey for freakin' mufflers, but beats $2k!

• 3 weeks later...

Sound clips Bro!!

Before and after Please!!!!

If you were good you would get

1- idle

2- idle w/ fuse pulled

3-blast up the street

Then the same with the new tubes!!

Except all you do is flip a switch on the new ones to OPEN THE FLAP correct??

Can't wait to hear it!!

Ken

Dave, are you having B&B put them on or are you just picking them up from them? Robert :burnout

They charge less than an hour shop rate to put them on, so hell yeah. :banannasword:

Sound clips Bro!!

1- idle

2- idle w/ fuse pulled

3-blast up the street

Can't wait to hear it!!

Ken

I'll get some video. Time to wake up the neighbors... lol

I had the switch installed at LG motorsports on the way through Dallas after picking the car up in Kentucky. I use it quite a bit and it was the main reason I went with this particular setup. Gonna be suweeeet! :)

Guest Sidewinder
Sound clips Bro!!

1- idle

2- idle w/ fuse pulled

3-blast up the street

Can't wait to hear it!!

Ken

I'll get some video. Time to wake up the neighbors... lol

I had the switch installed at LG motorsports on the way through Dallas after picking the car up in Kentucky. I use it quite a bit and it was the main reason I went with this particular setup. Gonna be suweeeet! :)

:toetap:toetap