Starting Problem

84vette

thats what i removed from the starter today. i dont know if it was the reason the car wasnt starting for me or not because the car started everytime i tried it today. but i figured it wouldnt hurt to clean it up....the connection was also very loose.

anything else i should check while i am putting this back together?

That's a nasty mess Brian. Once repaired and nothing loose, my guess is you will have fixed your problem. Good find. :yeah:

ICK!!!

If that wasn't your problem, it was going to be soon enough..

BTW, looks like you got all signed up for the fall class's :lol

yea i signed up for classes saturday. took intro to psychology and computer repair and A+ prep. then i needed 6 more credits so i took some easy classes, intro to spreedsheets and keyboarding review and speed (that last one is going to be boring)...and i left thursdays, fridays and monday mornings open so hopefully i will still be coming to a lot of events.

yea i signed up for classes saturday. took intro to psychology and computer repair and A+ prep. then i needed 6 more credits so i took some easy classes, intro to spreedsheets and keyboarding review and speed (that last one is going to be boring)...and i left thursdays, fridays and monday mornings open so hopefully i will still be coming to a lot of events.

Oh to be young and in college again. Thursday and Friday to rest up for the weekend events and Monday to recouperate? What's with that? When I was young it took one day to rest up and two to recouperate.

Us old farts have to work right up to the weekend and no time to recouperate :toetap

the mechanic that does all my work seems to think the problem is in the starter. he says when it gets hot there is something in there (wish i could remember what he called it, it must just be a fuse) that will disconnect until it cools off. also they are making another connector for me putting those fuses back into it.

Oh to be young and in college again. Thursday and Friday to rest up for the weekend events and Monday to recouperate? What's with that? When I was young it took one day to rest up and two to recouperate.

Us old farts have to work right up to the weekend and no time to recouperate :toetap

no its not thursday and friday to rest for the weekend....its a four day weekend to get out of flag and a monday morning to get home in time for class. no rest or time to recouperate.....well thats what i say now but knowing me i will use all four days to sleep. :laugh:

so far i think we fixed it. we replaced those wires and put a new starter in it. i havent had any problems since.

so far i think we fixed it. we replaced those wires and put a new starter in it. i havent had any problems since.
:thumbs