NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New event ideas

BSeery

Well, since our poll feature won't let you select multiple options, so we will have to do this the hard way.

So, here are some suggestions for upcoming events. Add some if you want and reply and let us know which ones you like.

Go - Kart racing - there are some indoor tracks. One place also has large scale remote controlled cars with cameras in them. You drive the car from inside a arcade style race car simulator, but are actually driving a remote controlled car and seeing what the camera sees.

Paintball. Get a private session with several rounds of paintball. Most places do a "capture the flag" type event.

Drive-in Movie night. There are drive in movies in Glendale and Tempe / Scottsdale.

Mystery Cruise -- no one knows where we are going until we start the event. Usually a day long event with a lunch.

Salt River Tubing -- don't forget the sunblock.

Miniature golf tournament - 3 rounds of 18 holes to determine the biggest Putz in the group.

Scavenger Hunt -- I have never done one of these so someone will have to figure out the logistics.

Lunch or Dinner cruise on Canyon lake -- http://www.dollysteamboat.com/cruises.htm

Verde Valley Railroad Trip -- this time we will do it when it's warm out. Saturday nights during the summer they do a trip out during the evening and then return at night under the stars.

So -- let me know what events sound fun to you, and add some of your own.

i bet this has been brought up before, but i know we are all quite the competitive type - i think an indoor cart track would be pretty fun! there are at least 3 intown - semi-centrally located are at least 2 of them!

i bet this has been brought up before, but i know we are all quite the competitive type - i think an indoor cart track would be pretty fun! there are at least 3 intown - semi-centrally located are at least 2 of them!

We did the kart thing about a year and a half ago. It is definitely a kick in the azz! Keith and Kelly made that one too.

I've participated in the scavenger hunt and never arranged one but I'd volunteer to work with someone else on the logistics. They to are a great time. Normally we've started at one point and it takes an evening to do with dinner, etc at a restaurant to end it and award token prizes.

I'm not sure but I think the Verde railroad has burned up by now. Sorry, not funny but reality.

Drive-In movie would work when it cools off a little.

We did the kart thing about a year and a half ago. It is definitely a kick in the azz! Keith and Kelly made that one too.

I'm not sure but I think the Verde railroad has burned up by now. Sorry, not funny but reality.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Anyone else like shooting? Im sure scottsdale gun club has some corperate rates for large groups! Im happy to let everyone shoot my AR-15 and HK G3 assult rifles, and im sure between all the members that show we could have some fun!

Anyone else like shooting? Im sure scottsdale gun club has some corperate rates for large groups! Im happy to let everyone shoot my AR-15 and HK G3 assult rifles, and im sure between all the members that show we could have some fun!

Do they have Viper and Mustang targets we can shoot at? :smilelol:smilelol

I like shooting as well. I could be in for some target shooting or the paintball.

I may be fat and slow, but I am a pretty good shot.

92ZR1Wannabe

Do they have Viper and Mustang targets we can shoot at? :smilelol:smilelol

Desertdawg
Scavenger Hunt -- I have never done one of these so someone will have to figure out the logistics.

That one always sounds like fun... :thumbs

Eddie, I'll work with you on this one if we get to do it...

And it's not going to be an easy hunt either... :devil

I could bring my arsenal down for some fun. :)

I am up for anything. Saturday events are hard for me to make due to work. But any sunday is open for sure.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Mark and I like to shoot. Im a pretty good shot with our SA 1911 .45. But we could bring the rest of our arsenal as well. He's got an XD - .357 an A590 Pump 12 gauge shotgun, and SKS Semi-auto. I like to shoot them all, but Im pretty good with the .45. So, yeah, we would be down for a shooting session definitely.

I also like the Go-kart idea, the drive-in movies, mini-golf, and the lunch/dinenr cruise Canyon Lake.

Just my two cents.