NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Navigation In C6

Guest beemer2k

Guest beemer2k

Hey everyone, I wanted to share a little tip/recommendation with you.

The wife & I recently bought an '08 Velocity Red coupe LT3 package with every option except F55 shocks & nav. I wanted the nav but according to the sales guy (take it for what's its worth) no one had a 2008 with nav in the state. So we took it.

Long story short after hearing about some of the nice features of the nav (namely the ability for directions to appear on the HUD) the wife & I decided to find a 2008 nav unit for our baby.

I made a few phone calls and ended up contacting Mark at Instrument Sales & Service. He ordered the factory nav unit and had it in 2 business days. The installed it and everything has worked perfectly. It was a little pricey (after DVD nav discs & install the total came to >$2000, but worth it!), but they did an excellent job.

If anyone is in any need Mark Weissbuch can be contacted at (602) 604-1615

Hope this helps someone in need!

See ya soon,

Brandon

I too have gone that route before with a new car.

when the option is not there, but you gotta have it. Buy it in the parts department and choke on the price.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

The wife & I recently bought an '08 Velocity Red coupe LT3 package with every option except F55 shocks & nav. I wanted the nav but according to the sales guy (take it for what's its worth) no one had a 2008 with nav in the state. So we took it.

Long story short after hearing about some of the nice features of the nav (namely the ability for directions to appear on the HUD) the wife & I decided to find a 2008 nav unit for our baby.

I made a few phone calls and ended up contacting Mark at Instrument Sales & Service. He ordered the factory nav unit and had it in 2 business days. The installed it and everything has worked perfectly. It was a little pricey (after DVD nav discs & install the total came to >$2000, but worth it!), but they did an excellent job.

See ya soon,

Brandon

Was it a direct bolt in or did it require a lot of rewiring?

Robert and Elizabeth

Your nav directions come up on the HUD??? Mine does not do that. :toetap Is this new for 08?

Your nav directions come up on the HUD??? Mine does not do that. :toetap Is this new for 08?

I understood they all did that. Have you paged through the different page options on the HUD? Have Robert read you the owner's manual. :smilelol:smilelol

Robert and Elizabeth
Have Robert read you the owner's manual. :smilelol:smilelol

Ha Ha Eddie.... very funny! :toetap

I've paged through the different pages and it is only performance stuff like RPM's, G's, and of course MPH. The only difference is how they are set up in each page. Maybe it weighed too much according to GM to have that feature in the ZO6 too.

I will page through the owner's manual and see if it does it or not.

Guest beemer2k

See ya soon,

Brandon

Was it a direct bolt in or did it require a lot of rewiring?

It was direct bolt in. Took the installer about 45 minutes.

Guest beemer2k

If the HUD is on Street Mode it comes up. Not on Track Mode 1 or Track Mode 2.

Once you program in your destination and select Street Mode on the HUD the directions SHOULD come up. Its step by step directions, kinda nice since it also has a 'slider' bar that changes as your approach your turn or freeway exit.

BTW, if your Z06 doesn't do it.. I would be happy to trade you my '08 for your Z06.... :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs:yesnod :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod

Have Robert read you the owner's manual. :smilelol:smilelol

Ha Ha Eddie.... very funny! :toetap

I've paged through the different pages and it is only performance stuff like RPM's, G's, and of course MPH. The only difference is how they are set up in each page. Maybe it weighed too much according to GM to have that feature in the ZO6 too.

I will page through the owner's manual and see if it does it or not.

My Z does. It's an 06. :confused

Robert and Elizabeth

Ok, now I get it. It needs to be in "street" mode for it to work. I always have it in "track 2" mode. That would explain it. I will try it on my way to work this am.

Thanks for the info everyone! :thumbs

Ok, now I get it. It needs to be in "street" mode for it to work. I always have it in "track 2" mode. That would explain it. I will try it on my way to work this am.

E has found a new toy besides the gas petal now. :smilelol

Robert and Elizabeth

E has found a new toy besides the gas petal now. :smilelol

:smilelol:smilelol

Mike, the gas pedal will always be my favorite!

BTW, I couldn't get the darn nav thing programmed this am to try it out (I don't use it often enough). Plus I was running late from posting on ACE before I left. I will have the time to properly program it when I leave tonight.

UPDATE: It works!!! :cool