NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Brakes Get Facelift

MOTV8

Brake mods done. Slotted rotors with painted hats, AC Delco ceramic pads, braided lines, painted calipers ....black. :devil

Before, bad pic but notice the rusty-ass rotors and dingy calipers

post-263-1186723429.jpg

After

post-263-1186722834.jpg

Um...it's a braided brake line, I'm no photographic artist.

Now they “match” these slotted Brembos on the Hemi. :yesnod

:crazy Call me crazy, but I’ve always liked my chrome wagons, even with the dings.

I'm happy with this look, but I think it may be time...... Wheels for Christmas? Any ideas on some killer wheels that won’t require a home equity line?

No spinners, Chad. :chris

100-0028_IMG.jpg

Halibrand rims ..from Discount tire.

About $700 for 4, installed, balanced, an all.

Stock sizes.

-shrug-

They 'do it' for me :)

-Frank

I want my click back. I said NO SPINNERS Dawg! Or salad shooters for that matter.... :toetap

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

:thumbs Those Halibrands are at least different than all the usual suspects like Z06 chromies or the thin spokes. I also considered a black wheel with a polished lip but even that look seems played out.

Edit: If money were no object, I've been drooling on these Foose Nitrous ones, kinda like old school Torq Thrusts:

nitrous_black_large.jpg

Looks great...remember this, the ceramic pads will fade when overheated or constant use under race simulated conditions :thumbs

I want my click back. I said NO SPINNERS Dawg! Or salad shooters for that matter.... :toetap

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

:thumbs Those Halibrands are at least different than all the usual suspects like Z06 chromies or the thin spokes. I also considered a black wheel with a polished lip but even that look seems played out.

Edit: If money were no object, I've been drooling on these Foose Nitrous ones, kinda like old school Torq Thrusts:

nitrous_black_large.jpg

I like the Foose Nitrous wheel, as a matter of fact I am running the Foose Nitrous 20's on my wife's Tahoe. :thumbs

Aye, I like the look of the Foose wheels also .. in the picture.

Problem is, with offset that Vette wheels have,

those spokes will be hard pressed to generate any kind of 'rim' or 'reversed' look.

Nature of the Beast :)

-Frank (would prefer chrome Cragar S/S 5-spokes ..but they dont make 'em for us C-5 guys and they'd look silly if they did :(

Looks great...remember this, the ceramic pads will fade when overheated or constant use under race simulated conditions :thumbs

This is true. They already were fading during my attempts at bedding them in. 2 series of 10 times from 60 mph to 10 mph and back to 60 (which is hilariously fun, btw), ....about the 8th time I mashed 'em I totally got fade. BUT.....they're fine for daily drivers and they won't puke gobs o' dust on my chromies or my future wheels, whatever they may be....I went thru that with the OEM Brembo pads on the SRT8, had to clean the wheels after only 30 to 40 miles or the 'soot' would get so thick the wheels looked more black than polished.

I went thru that with the OEM Brembo pads on the SRT8, had to clean the wheels after only 30 to 40 miles or the 'soot' would get so thick the wheels looked more black than polished.

That's Dodge/Chrysler for you. :toetap

Robert and Elizabeth
I went thru that with the OEM Brembo pads on the SRT8, had to clean the wheels after only 30 to 40 miles or the 'soot' would get so thick the wheels looked more black than polished.

That's Dodge/Chrysler for you. :toetap

My brakes make a lot of dust too. I have to clean my rims after 2 days of driving to work (100 miles). It even tracks into the house! :toetap Must be those individual 6 piston calipers in the front and 4 piston calipers in the back doing their job! :yesnod

Dean, I like your new brakes. They look classy. :thumbs

Ok, I waited long enough to post this one... Since no one else is offering idea's on rims this might be the ones for you!!!

If you post a nice side shot of your vette, I can chop them on there in your choice of color too!!! :D

If you post a nice side shot of your vette, I can chop them on there in your choice of color too!!! :D

Alright Dawg, chop away. But if you chop those teddy bears on you also have to chop those Foose rims on ....since that’s the only way either set will ever grace my ‘vert. I’ve looked high and low but I can’t find any C5 with the Foose’s or even Torq Thrust M’s or whatever....why doesn’t somebody make them in our size???

post-263-1187023858.jpg

Alright Dawg, chop away. But if you chop those teddy bears on you also have to chop those Foose rims on ....since that's the only way either set will ever grace my 'vert. I've looked high and low but I can't find any C5 with the Foose's or even Torq Thrust M's or whatever....why doesn't somebody make them in our size???

post-263-1187023858.jpg

Call Rims1 in Tempe. They have a contact for the manufacture and maybe they can custom make Corvette sizes.

Not enough time tonight Dean, I'll see what I can put together for you tomorrow.

Not enough time tonight Dean, I'll see what I can put together for you tomorrow.

:toetap

Those teddy-bears won't put themselves on Dwayne....

I see how it is. :P

Edit: might be easier to chop just one wheel:

post-263-1187212661.jpg

Those teddy-bears won't put themselves on Dwayne....

I see how it is. :P

Nag! Nag! Nag! Nag! Nag! Nag! Nag!

rim1.jpg

Some of these aren't perfect, but it's hard to find rims sitting at the perfect angle, I also had to add brakes to a couple of them and they are off a little to. Hopefully you at least get the idea of about what they will look like.

rim2.jpg

rim3.jpg

rim4.jpg

rim5.jpg

rim6.jpg

rim9.jpg

rim7.jpg

rim8.jpg

:clap:clap:clap Daaaayyyuuuummm, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Dawg, you are a choppin' machine! Thanks big guy! :thumbs

Teddy Bears rule! :chris

BTW, nagging is the only way to get me to do anything...so why shouldn't it work on you?? :smilelol

It works on me too, but I had to get past the work, sleep, work, sleep, work period first... in the last 4 weeks I have about 120 hours OT

:leaving

BTW, I like the last two the best, It's what I would buy if I didn't like the thin spokes so much.

Aye, I like the look of the Foose wheels also .. in the picture.

Problem is, with offset that Vette wheels have,

those spokes will be hard pressed to generate any kind of 'rim' or 'reversed' look.

Nature of the Beast :)

-Frank (would prefer chrome Cragar S/S 5-spokes ..but they dont make 'em for us C-5 guys and they'd look silly if they did :(

Nice work!

I'm with ya all the way on that one Frank! Cragar S/S are the best looking wheel ever made. No if we could just figure out a way to get 'em on the car.... :thumbs

Michael