NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Shocked!

nebakanezer

nebakanezer

Hey Gang,

Shocked by the price of shock absorbers for a C5. Both rear shocks are seeping on my 03. My Mechanic said I should replace all four. Goodwrench quoted me $1,000 each on fronts, $850 on left rear & $750 on right rear. That's parts only!

I'm thinking $5,000 out the door...

HELP! :willy

Have you got the F45 suspension? Everyone screams when they have to replace those shocks :yesnod

Be prepared that if you replace them with aftermarket shocks you'll loose the adjustable ride feature.

Hey Gang,

Shocked by the price of shock absorbers for a C5. Both rear shocks are seeping on my 03. My Mechanic said I should replace all four. Goodwrench quoted me $1,000 each on fronts, $850 on left rear & $750 on right rear. That's parts only!

I'm thinking $5,000 out the door...

HELP! :willy

Do you have the magnetic shocks? That would explain the price. :yesnod Robert :burnout

Definitely sounds like F45...just like mine. When mine eventually need to be replaced, they will be replaced with ZO6 shocks for sure. Just need to tune out the option. Mine stays in highest setting all the time anyway...so no biggie for me.

There's some good write-ups on the CF about converting from F45 to F55.

They say replacing the F45 shocks runs about 1,800 converting to the F55 cost about 2,200 for the shocks and the new puter, it's plug and play and the ride is supposed to be a definite improvement.

That's what I love about the FRC, no adjustability so Bilsteins will slip in nicely for around $300 for all four. :thumbs

Jim

So far we have used the 3 position knob quit a bit, when the road gets real rough, it's nice to spin the knob and stiffen up the suspension. the rest of the time we leave it in touring, and all those little ripples just disappear....

If it craps out, I think we would pay the extra to go F55, it's worth a few more bucks over basic shocks to be able to adjust the knob to suit the road.

So far we have used the 3 position knob quit a bit, when the road gets real rough, it's nice to spin the knob and stiffen up the suspension. the rest of the time we leave it in touring, and all those little ripples just disappear....

If it craps out, I think we would pay the extra to go F55, it's worth a few more bucks over basic shocks to be able to adjust the knob to suit the road.

You must be getting old. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol