NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Autocross Anyone?

Guest Mikey

Guest Mikey

I recently did my first autocross course competition and learned the braking and cornering limits of my Vette. It was fairly safe since you couldn't go too fast and there is only one car on the course at a time.

I had heard the term "Autocross" before but had no idea exactly what it meant. We were timed for 2 laps on a large paved area around a course defined by traffic cones.

Does anyone have any connections at Bondurant? Since they are closed on weekends, maybe they would allow us to use their Autocross course for a reasonable group fee. They also have road courses but the liability issues may be prohibitive due to the speeds involved.

I am "testing the waters" and open for suggestions. Of course this will not happen until after the summer heat.

Me and my daughters autoX'd the 82 we used to own with Azsolo2 a few times. Yeah it's a blast, and relative safe compared to just about any motorsport.

Renting firebird or just about any parking lot is very expensive, your going to need insurance. If you decide to run with Azsolo they are pretty cheap, but it's crowded too.

The only way to do this privately would be to get with a few other car clubs, Scottsdale Exotic is one, & I think Sun Country used to do their own autoX too.

I keep telling Jammye she is going to run our C5 this fall with me, but if we keep adding ACE events, I don't know if we will have the time.

Me at PIR, showing them how to spin out with style!!!

Daughter at Firebird, rolling the front sidewall under trying to make the cut after blowing the last cones!

Yes.

Love to ;)

Ran 2nd in C-stock at a local get together with my lil CRX Honda in autocross long ago :)

-Frank

Robert and Elizabeth

Autocross sounds like fun! We would be interested if our schedules permitted. Though we have no connections with Bondourant, we are members of SECC and next time I see Joe I will ask him what is involved with renting Firebird out. Like Dawg said earlier, maybe we could "chum" up with SECC and split the costs.

Dang Dawg...that's a serious lean to the left with you in the car!!! :smilelol

1st picture = old worn out sway bar bushings.

2nd picture = new bushings.

Big difference!!!

Don't worry, I have pictures of it leaning just as far to the other side with me in it too.

Dang Dawg...that's a serious lean to the left with you in the car!!! :smilelol

1st picture = old worn out sway bar bushings.

2nd picture = new bushings.

Big difference!!!

Don't worry, I have pictures of it leaning just as far to the other side with me in it too.

Some how I'm not buying it. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Guess who's in the passenger seat....Hanging on for dear life!!!!

Notice the lean, it seems my fat butt is lighter than you thought it was!!! :lol

coconut girl

I love autocross!!!!!! :burnout:burnout:burnout:burnout:burnout:grphug:

I used to beat everyone in my class, guys included in the Denver area.

Count me in, after it cools down.

The Sports Car Club of American (SCCA) used to sponsor autocross. I think they used to get a deal on insurance. Anyone a member?

Guess who's in the passenger seat....Hanging on for dear life!!!!

Notice the lean, it seems my fat butt is lighter than you thought it was!!! :lol

Buwahahahahahahaha :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol