NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Clb Installation

Grape Ape

OK, I installed a CLB after I bought my car. It's a 1998 Coupe. The problem that I had with this issue is the Service Column Lock light came for me just when I was leaving from Nebraska to drive the car to Arizona. I installed the CLB and the light went out. Got to Arizona just fine without any issues. Went to get the plates for it the next day and light came back on at the DMV. Had to have it towed to the dealer and they replaced a relay. I had the CLB checked and it came back as working properly. Here is my question. When I go to install the CLB again, do I remove the Harness K altogether or just plug it into the wiring that it tells me to and leave the rest of the Harness K where it is? If I need to be more specific about anything, let me know. Or I can come by someones house and show you what I mean. Thanks in advance. :unsure

PM Sidewinder. He's done a ton of research/work on the clb problem.

Guest Sidewinder

You must remove the K harness and reinstall the CLB. One VERY important step is to pull the fuses in the passenger footwell. That insures the car and the CLB are on the same page and talking to each other correctly. Why were you not able to drive it after you installed the CLB? Even with the message in the DIC it should still be driveble unless it's cutting fuel. If you get the message again try pulling the fuses. When you put the fuses back in, the BCM should sync with the CLB. If ya have anymore trouble gimme a shout.

Thanks for the info Sidewinder. I am going to try this again this afternoon. I just got home from work. The fuses you are talking about, which ones do I pull and do I pull them before I install the CLB or after? I really appreciate your help in this. I couldn't drive the car because the previous owner had the recall done and it cuts the fuel off after 2mph. I might look for someone to reprogram the computer to remove that part. If it happens again, I will still be able to drive the thing. Thanks again for your help. If you lived a little closer, I would have you help me so I don't screw it up again. Hope to see you next week. I'll re-read the other post and see if I can figure out the fuses. I kind of remember the numbers being in there but not real sure right now. Kind of tired.

Thanks again. I have yet to get to the CLB so maybe tomorrow. Raining right now.

I finally had time to get this thing installed..........................So far it's working great. We'll see what happens this time. I think I made a big mistake last time as I never had these great instructions with me. And I also never did enough homework on the subject either I guess after I bought the car. The instructions never said anything about taking the Harness K out of the system. That thing is resting peacefully in the trunk box. I know better now though. Pictures are great when I don't know what I'm doing. I also had time to install a Z06 Air Filter Housing. Thanks for everyones help and hope to see some of you this Saturday morning.

:hunter