NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Our Double Disc Clutch Is Here!

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

Yippee!! It finally arrived yesterday! We went down and "touched" it last night. It must weigh over 75lbs. Mike will be installing it on Wednesday if anyone wants to stop by and see it. We should be there by 5pm to take pictures with lots of "pointing". :P

The new air intake system should be installed at the same time along with the port matched manifold if they get here in time. :thumbs

Now, where is a good spot to test that new clutch out...... hmmmmmmm :leaving

Good Lord...you had better never get rid of this car. You'll never get your money back. :smilelol

Sweet mods though. :thumbs

Robert and Elizabeth
Right on :clap ....more new tires on the Christmas list, eh??? :lol

You got that right Tim. They never seem to last very long for some reason. :devil

Yep double disk is a good thing. Use to run triple disk on my race cars. Hummmmm Do I still a rece car. :yesnod

Hope it goes well for ya.

Guest Kens06

Elizabeth,

Talk to Mike about breakin and follow his instructions!!

The guy knows his stuff and the 'bed in' process, like brakes is critical for maximum performance and durability!!

I'm sure you know that, just a reminder!!

Ken

Robert and Elizabeth
Elizabeth,

Talk to Mike about breakin and follow his instructions!!

The guy knows his stuff and the 'bed in' process, like brakes is critical for maximum performance and durability!!

I'm sure you know that, just a reminder!!

Ken

Thanks Ken for the heads up. We will definitely talk to Mike about break-in procedures he recommends. We pretty much do as he says anyway!

Thank you again,

R & E

As for a good place to 'break it in' ..

*cough* .. er .

Any freeway on-ramp

-evil grin-

(imagines all the skeered cars pulled over as the 'Bee' goes by in a blur)

-Frank

Robert and Elizabeth
As for a good place to 'break it in' ..

*cough* .. er .

Any freeway on-ramp

-evil grin-

(imagines all the skeered cars pulled over as the 'Bee' goes by in a blur)

-Frank

:smilelol:smilelol

(I can imagine Metallica's "enter sandman" saying "exit light, enter night, grain of sand, off to never never land" on the radio as I do it too!)

:smilelol:smilelol

(I can imagine Metallica's "enter sandman" saying "exit light, enter night, grain of sand, off to never never land" on the radio as I do it too!)

Or Cinderella's "I need a shot of gasoline..." :smilelol

Robert and Elizabeth

Well, Mike installed our new clutch today. I have to say it is not as bad as I thought it would be. It is actually easy to engage, hardly any pressure to engage it at all. What is hard right now is it chatters in first until it breaks in, which is about 200-400 miles of city driving, not freeway driving. I have already gotten used to it during the ride home. I have to admit I stalled it a few times the first time I drove it and Robert did the same thing when it was his turn. But, it will get better as it breaks in Mike says. Like I have been told before, it is either in or out, no in-between or feathering it anymore. I actually think it jumps the car ahead whith each shift as compared to the old clutch. Ah yes, the old clutch.... totally burnt and useless, like we thought it would be. Slave cylinder is ok though... yea!! :thumbs

Mental note: when dealing with HP greater than 600, stock ZO6 clutch can not handle it for very long. :yesnod

Did not get to take pictures of the install like I wanted because I was working. By the time I got there, Mike was almost finished. I did take one picture of the new clutch in it's packaging. I will post it later when I haven't been up for 16 hours. The new clutch is a SPEC double disc ceramic.

Guest beemer2k
Well, Mike installed our new clutch today. I have to say it is not as bad as I thought it would be. It is actually easy to engage, hardly any pressure to engage it at all. What is hard right now is it chatters in first until it breaks in, which is about 200-400 miles of city driving, not freeway driving. I have already gotten used to it during the ride home. I have to admit I stalled it a few times the first time I drove it and Robert did the same thing when it was his turn. But, it will get better as it breaks in Mike says. Like I have been told before, it is either in or out, no in-between or feathering it anymore. I actually think it jumps the car ahead whith each shift as compared to the old clutch. Ah yes, the old clutch.... totally burnt and useless, like we thought it would be. Slave cylinder is ok though... yea!! :thumbs

Mental note: when dealing with HP greater than 600, stock ZO6 clutch can not handle it for very long. :yesnod

Did not get to take pictures of the install like I wanted because I was working. By the time I got there, Mike was almost finished. I did take one picture of the new clutch in it's packaging. I will post it later when I haven't been up for 16 hours. The new clutch is a SPEC double disc ceramic.

I was at Mike's shop earlier today and saw your car. What a beauty! On my way home, I called the wife and told her "our next 'vette is gonna be yeller!" She agrees. Can't wait to see yours perform!!

Ah yes.. the old 'in or out' ... er ..

NM.

-Frank (gonna be a rough life for the rear tars :)