NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New Tires

AZBuckeye

Its time for new tires. Last time I had to replace one they scratched up my mag wheels pretty bad and I had a hassle getting them to fix it. Anyone recommend a good shop, and whats everyone's thoughts on the right tire for a C5. I don't take mine to the track so I am willing to give up a bit of grip for better wear and price. I'm sure that question is going to start a firestorm of ideas, but my only thought is I don't think I want the Goodyear's again.

I have loved my Michelin Pilot Sports, now using BFG (KDW) and have no problem there.

A little more pricier though. Some will get you into a less expensive tire like Kuhmo's, but

they will wear quicker. So I don't know if you really saved on them in the long run.

I have been buying through AZPS and having his guy do the install at a custom tire/wheel shop, I don't recall their name. You could always search here or corvette forum for a deal also.

Its time for new tires. Last time I had to replace one they scratched up my mag wheels pretty bad and I had a hassle getting them to fix it. Anyone recommend a good shop, and whats everyone's thoughts on the right tire for a C5. I don't take mine to the track so I am willing to give up a bit of grip for better wear and price. I'm sure that question is going to start a firestorm of ideas, but my only thought is I don't think I want the Goodyear's again.

Mike at azps uses "rim1" thier in tempe on 2245 w university 480-832-7467 they have the state of the art equipment and the machine never touches the wheel and theres no chance of them scratching anything. They installed and balanced mine for me and did an awesome job just ask for doug he'll take good care of you.

I love my Bridgestone runflats. They are one hell of a lot better then the eagles. They sure grip well.

I still have the GY's on my C6 but went through a couple sets of Michelin PS's on the C5 and loved them.

I use Discount. Now I'm SURE some have had bad experiences there but I've got a good one by my house on Val Vista and Ray. I just tell them...."If you scratch my rims you but them". so the manager has a chat with the tech before he get's started. I had a buddy take his Benz to the Discount on Camelback/20th Street several years ago. They used the wrong size cone and it left perfect circle scratch in the same place on all four rims. It had to be pointed out but they did scratch the rims. Got him a brand new set of OEM chromes and let him keep the old ones. So they will stand behind their work.

Can't beat their prices (typically), I still run the OEM EMT's, can't imagine not running run flats.

I've got teh Michelin Play Station 2's also, and other than teh price, they are drop-dead excellent! :yesnod

I use Discount. Now I'm SURE some have had bad experiences there but I've got a good one by my house on Val Vista and Ray. I just tell them...."If you scratch my rims you but them". so the manager has a chat with the tech before he get's started. I had a buddy take his Benz to the Discount on Camelback/20th Street several years ago. They used the wrong size cone and it left perfect circle scratch in the same place on all four rims. It had to be pointed out but they did scratch the rims. Got him a brand new set of OEM chromes and let him keep the old ones. So they will stand behind their work.

Can't beat their prices (typically), I still run the OEM EMT's, can't imagine not running run flats.

I use this discount location also. I believe the store managers name is Kelly. He personally will do the work on occassions to make sure it is done right.

He has mounted the tires and wheels on my last purchase for my Benz, and Vette. Great store.