NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

V1 Detector Setup

Guest Mikey

Guest Mikey

Just got my new Valentine One Radar/Laser Detector which I ordered directly from their website.

It came with both a visor mount and a suction cup mount, neither of which I prefer to use. So, I ordered a mirror mount from a different vendor. (BTW, there is also a mount that is screwed directly into the visor hinge).

Also, I don't like the wire dangling to the cigarette lighter, so, I ordered an "Invisicord" from the Invisicord website. This 8" wire connects the detector unit directly to the power on the back of the rearview mirror (better than "hard wiring" since you don't have to run wire around the windshield frame etc.).

Just thought I'd pass this info along to anyone else that might be interested in a clean setup that is still easily removed if necessary.

Valentine One is missing the boat by not offering these optional items.

Guest beemer2k

I have a Valentine One in the Z06, couldn't be happier.... BUTTTTT... I agree about both the mount & cord. I too ordered a 8" Invisicord, I also ordered the visor hinge mount. Those should be arriving soon...I have a Valentine One in the Z06, couldn't be happier.... BUTTTTT... I agree about both the mount & cord. I too ordered a 8" Invisicord, I also ordered the visor hinge mount. Those should be arriving soon...

Ive gone all these years without a radar detector, I'm afraid that if I get one now, I'll get busted speeding for sure...

I've been looking at them, maybe one day!

Ive gone all these years without a radar detector, I'm afraid that if I get one now, I'll get busted speeding for sure...

I've been looking at them, maybe one day!

:withstupid

Robert and Elizabeth

I Love my Valentine!! Once you go arrows, you can never go back! :thumbs

I use the cord that plugs into the cig lighter. It does not bother me. That way, we can switch it from vehicle to vehicle.

Marana Rich

I have a V1, and I have a dash cover in mine, so I mount it on the dash with velcro, so no loss of vision, and the wire going to lighter isn't that big a deal. I also swap it to whatever car I am driving.

I have one also, and use the mirror mount with the wire to the mirror. The only problem is with the 2005 it does not and will not shut off with the car. But it will on a 06 or 07. I like it.

Just a reminder guys, hide the detectors as well as possible. I've had two different DPS buddies say if they see a detector you are guaranteed a ticket. They feel if you have a detector you intended to exceed the limit from the get go.

I've had several radar detectors over the years. Once I bought a V1 (about 10 years ago) I'll never by anything else. I have one in the vette and the truck.

I've had Great Lakes mirror mount with the Invisicord for the V1 in my vette for about 1 1/2 years now and I've noticed that the weight of the V1 has made the mirror vibrate or shimmy up and down a little.

We have a V1 and the invisicord. We mount the detector in the darkened area right by the mirror and plug into the mirror. It works great. We love the V1.

"Just a reminder guys, hide the detectors as well as possible. I've had two different DPS buddies say if they see a detector you are guaranteed a ticket. They feel if you have a detector you intended to exceed the limit from the get go."

This is exactly why I do not use the mirror mount. Using the visor mount makes it easier to conceal. I have the mount and hard-wiring in all three cars, makes it easy to switch as well.

Also, having it out in the open invites thieves to bash your window...

Guest Mikey

I use the cord that plugs into the cig lighter. It does not bother me. That way, we can switch it from vehicle to vehicle.

We'll disconnect the V1 from the mirror mount in the Vette and then we can easily switch to another vehicle using the cord and suction/visor mount.

BTW...The dealer assured me that VICTORY RED was the fastest color, HOWEVER, when we were coming down I-17 from the Flagstaff breakfast, "Vanessa" passed "Killer" like we were going backwards....I now believe that VELOCITY YELLOW is faster!

We'll disconnect the V1 from the mirror mount in the Vette and then we can easily switch to another vehicle using the cord and suction/visor mount.

BTW...The dealer assured me that VICTORY RED was the fastest color, HOWEVER, when we were coming down I-17 from the Flagstaff breakfast, "Vanessa" passed "Killer" like we were going backwards....I now believe that VELOCITY YELLOW is faster!

That's YELLER!!!! Not yellow :smilelol

That one actually had me laughing out loud. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol