NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A/c Control On An 89 Coupe

Shifty

My a/c control is not functioning...flashes random characters, but sometimes the blower contol works, but no a/c. I'm not

100% the compressor even works, or has a charge....but according to the guy I bought the car from, it did work, just not

the dash controls. I'd be happy to hear any ideas or thoughts on how to fix it...

I have an 88 with the same control after having the system charged The AC works fine. I'm a mechanic so I carefully pulled the controler apart and cleaned all of the contacts with electrical contact cleaner and mine works fine for the most part I just cant get the fan speed to increase in manual but I run it in auto all the time anyways. Other than that these controlers pop up from time to time on EBAY

I have an 88 with the same control after having the system charged The AC works fine. I'm a mechanic so I carefully pulled the controler apart and cleaned all of the contacts with electrical contact cleaner and mine works fine for the most part I just cant get the fan speed to increase in manual but I run it in auto all the time anyways. Other than that these controlers pop up from time to time on EBAY

Yeah, I was reading about that on CF, but I'm not sure that's the prob...of course, I could be wrong, but me and electronics don't get along very well....I'm a self-admitted Luddite... :unsure