Using Aftermarket Injectors On Your C5 Z06? Step In Here Please...

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

Anyone using the Ford 30# SVO injectors? Ken? Mark? Phil? Glenn? What are you guys using? Mine are at 90% duty cycle at WOT and I'll need more fuel for the intake and LS2 throttle body coming next. Mike, if you're reading this, what do you think of those injectors? Will they give me enough fuel if I do heads too?

SVO 30# injectors are good for about 400 RWHP. After that you may want to go bigger. May I also suggest replacing the stock fuel pump with a Racetronix intank.

I used the 30# in my blue car for a while... But I was only making 420 RWHP.

Blackula uses 60# injectors

Guest Sidewinder

Steve,

SVO 30# is what I have. With the higher fuel pressure the LSX runs they are more like 36#. Your good to go!

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Anyone using the Ford 30# SVO injectors? Ken? Mark? Phil? Glenn? What are you guys using? Mine are at 90% duty cycle at WOT and I'll need more fuel for the intake and LS2 throttle body coming next. Mike, if you're reading this, what do you think of those injectors? Will they give me enough fuel if I do heads too?
the SVO30s recently went up in price, so we have just been getting the SVO 42 lbers for everyone since they are only $65 more... but the SVO 30s wont have any problem holding 500 rwhp N/A
SVO 30# injectors are good for about 400 RWHP. After that you may want to go bigger. May I also suggest replacing the stock fuel pump with a Racetronix intank. I used the 30# in my blue car for a while... But I was only making 420 RWHP. Blackula uses 60# injectors
Keep in mind with FI the injectors have boost working against them and reducing output/efficiency, so naturally aspirated like Steve is, the SVO 30s will support 500 rwhp maintaining a high 12 AFR... however on a FI vehicle, you are correct with your 400ish rwhp estimate at a lower mid-11 AFR :)

Guest UVETTYA

Thanks everyone.

I'm 422 rwhp now and TB and intake should get me another 20, so the 30# injectors should work for now. And being the anal retentive that I am, I'm trying to find out the difference between the Pintle injectors (Ford SVO) and Disc type (GM, Bosch, AC Delco). The GM injectors are a few more bones, but if I'll get better performance, I'll go with them. (I don't like the idea of putting FFFFFOR.... FFFFFOR.... FFFFOR..... Aw hell, I'm having a hard time just saying it)...

Ford parts on my Corvette! :banghead So if anyone knows the difference, please speak up.

Also, Mike, I've been reading about running too big of an injector and losing some of the "fine tuning." That makes sense - bigger injectors don't have as small of a range. Your thoughts?

Guest Sidewinder

Steve,

Just ask :D

There are essentially 3 different types of nozzles:

Pintle

This is the most common type and still the best. A tapered needle sits on a tapered seat. When the solenoid is energized, the core and needle is pulled back, allowing the fuel to discharge. This design has been well proven for over 30 years.

Disc

Bosch disc injector

Lucas disc injector

The Bosch disc type uses the same type of actuation mechanism as the pintle type but replaces the pintle with a flat disc and a plate with tiny holes. These work fine with a good spray pattern but are slightly more prone to deposits plugging the holes. The Lucas type buries the disc up inside the body to reduce the mass of the assembly for quicker response. The Lucas types typically have a very narrow spray pattern which can affect idle and throttle response in some cases.

Ball

The Rochester division of GM makes the ball type injector for OE applications as well as the larger flow race types for MSD. These use a ball and socket arrangement. These have excellent atomization and a wide spray pattern but are also prone to partial plugging by varnish deposits.

ENJOY!

Guest UVETTYA

Well alrighty then. :thumbs Good stuff.

Clog up? ha ha. Simple. Just run WOT all the time. Nothing to clog. :yesnod

Guest Kens06

I have 30# SVO's and the last dyno was at WinterFest and mine were running 97-99% at WOT!!

Tom couldn't get a flat A/F and advised going to 42#.

If we get enough people wanting them maybe we can do a group purchase!!

Ken

Guest UVETTYA
I have 30# SVO's and the last dyno was at WinterFest and mine were running 97-99% at WOT!!

Tom couldn't get a flat A/F and advised going to 42#.

If we get enough people wanting them maybe we can do a group purchase!!

Ken

I think I'm going with the SVO 30#ers Ken. I think 42's might be too much for my setup. :yesnod