NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Corvette Sunday At Eddie's Place

Eddie44

I have sold my exhaust off of the C6 and will be swapping it out on Sunday 7/15. I'm going to be starting early to beat the heat but you're welcome to stop by anytime and supervise, point or whatever.

I live in the area of 32nd St. and Thunderbird. PM me for directions if needed. :howdy

I put this on the calendar.

So when you say that your going to start early to beat the heat, do you mean your gonna' start before the sun come out????????? :D

We'll try to stop by to watch..... I mean help...... :D

Andrew

There's a couple of us going to Hooters that day!

I hope to have it done soon enough to get there too!

I was figuring on going to Hooters too but Eddie will need some moral support.

Andrew

I'd come by to help, but it's going to be hard enough to try to make up a story about why we need to be somewhere on Sunday with all the kwap we have going on. Hope to see ya Eddie.

Dave

P.S. I scored a monster wheeled evap cooler today and have a bunch of air tools. Mi casa is open for any wrenchin' you guys wanna do.

If you're not on your way, don't bother. I got started at 5:30 am to beat the heat and I'm done. If you're on your way you won't read this but we'll have a cold one and BS a little. :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA
If you're not on your way, don't bother. I got started at 5:30 am to beat the heat and I'm done. If you're on your way you won't read this but we'll have a cold one and BS a little. :thumbs

Day-yum! That was fast. Did you do it solo? That was smart starting early. When it's this hot, if I can't be done by 9am, I ain't doin it. Are you coming to Hooters so we can hear it?

First I have to thank Andrew and Melissa for stopping by for moral support.

This is kind of a long story. As most of you know I had Mike of AZ P&S do the original system. He did a great job and workmanship was top notch. I got a terrible resonance at 1800-2000 rpm so I found a fantastic deal on a Magnaflow system. Mike told me it was exactly the same system and being the smart ass I am I swore it was different.

This morning I got under the Vette and took the rear sections loose. I then jacked up the front in order to get the front section loose. I looked up and realized Mike is smarter than I and it was exactly the same system I had except the new one is stainless. I weighed the choices and decided it wasn't worth changing it all out just to pick up stainless and dual tip. I'm giving the new owner the stainless system for what I was going to sell him my old system for and I'll still be in the market for a solution.

The resonance is not the mufflers, it's the 6spd automatic and the extremely high gearing GM has put in. I may just have to have Mike do 3:15's as a solution. I don't know what the answer is at this point. I've even considered going back to stock as a solution.

My only advice is is Mike tells you something LISTEN!

As for lunch, I fully intended to make it but Kim's Sister is in town and we're doing lunch with them.

Eddie, you are crazy... What gears are in your car? Maybe we just go straight pipes...

I know putting a turbo in the path of the exhaust gets rid of all resonance, and puts a smile on your face :)

Dam Eddie all you have to do is move your finger. That is what that paddle lever is for. Just up shift when you get that sound. :D And not listening to Mike, is that the way that you listened to the guys you were arresting, just don't pay an attention? Geeeeee :cool:smilelol:smilelol