NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Bummer of a day

knkayotte

Had to put one of my two 14 year old cats down today. He was diagnosed with severe diabetes. Wife and I got them the day after we got married. :(

bummer... both of your cats were HUGE..... ill have a drink for one at the top down cruise.. Celebrate the life... :drinkers ...

I'd admit, I'm not a cat guy. I grew up with them. Yours were definitely cool though! :thumbs:

:angelsad:angelsad:angelsad

Guest XLR8TNC5

Im so sorry to hear this Keith and Kelly. My heart goes out to ya. I know how hard it can be, having put my Stormee to sleep a few years ago.I still get a little choked up when I talk about her.

Hey,I bet they are all playing and frollicking under the great big rainbow in Kitty Heaven together!

:angel:

Tanya

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stanman

So sorry to hear about that. Dawn and I have had to go through this as well, most recently in 2001, with my cat Pinkerton who lived to be 20. It's very hard, and it takes a long time to get over it. We have three cats now, two are 13 and one is 12, so we know we'll be facing it again. I console myself with the realization that I have the privilege of caring for my 4-footed friends for their entire lives, and that they have the security of being cared for "forever." Easing them out comfortably is very difficult, but also is an unselfish act of love -- your last gift to them. Feel good in the knowledge that you made your cat's life better at every point, including the end.

:)