NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

What's The Best Chevy Dealer For Corvette Service?

c7speed

Best Chevy Dealer  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been going to Power on Bell. Their shop always looks clean, and I haven't had any incidents...yet.

Guest UVETTYA

I bought the '03 from B&B in Mesa and took it there. I took the '04 there once. They screwed up fixing both cars, the '03 on several occasions. One time they let me go out of the shop with the rear carriage bolts so loose the car would change lanes all by itself under acceleration. :eek I only did the dealership thing because the clutch went out under warranty, but quite frankly, pick any one of those places and it's a crap shoot whether or not you'll get your car back in at least as good condition as you left it there. Midway left my pristine '03 sitting outside in a dust storm and it was trashed, not to mention they didn't come anywhere close to even diagnosing the problem correctly. Power Chevrolet on Bell couldn't figure out how much oil to put in my engine. :clap I told the service manager there he was running a zoo, and he agreed. :lol

My experience is that dealerships tend to screw up more stuff then they fix, and it's the LAST place I would take my Vette for repair. Most of the mechanics are used to working on Cavaliers and they have Cavalier mentality when they're working on your Vette. :eek

I know that's not a pretty picture but you asked. :yesnod

BTW, you don't have to take it to a stealership to have warranty work done.

coconut girl

You don't have Tim's Toyota, GMC, Pontiac in Prescott on your list.

They are not a Chevy dealer but, for anyone in the Prescott area, Tim's has 2 really good vette mechanics from Lamb Chevrolet.

My husband works there doing building maintenance. We get an employee shop rate. We have had great service there.

I had a terrible visit @ Midway...They were just a bunch of hackers! I sure took advantage of putting in my :2cents when I got my survey in the mail. (Thats what hurts the dealers)

1. Mike at AZP&S - All out car guy

2. Gary Maschner at Van Chevy - Friend of Mike's and mod friendly

3. John at Gateway - Z owner

Mike does all the wrenching but Gary did the oil change (wife made me get the maintenance plan) and a few warranty issues. When I got the car back, it had been DETAILED. Not just washed, they did it all (vacuum, tire dressing, wheels cleaned, windows done, etc.) Looked like the day I bought it. They made my workload on this Saturday's detail day alot easier since I don't have to wash it now!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Ive sent all my modded and stock GM (ALL GM, not just chevy) customers to Gary Maschner at Van Chevrolet... not only has he taken care of pretty much every car we have sent, but he generally also contacts me personally if he has any questions on an aftermarket part and its impact on the vehicle before just voiding the warranty like many other dealerships do!

I had my steering column lock on me in North Scottsdale about a year ago & therefore took her to Vans. They did a good job & I have no complaints of their service, but now I get their Salesmen calling me all the time to "step into a C6".

I've taken her into Thorobred a few times & had good service for a stealership.

I wouldn't say I've ever had great service anywhere(on the vette)!

Jim

Robert and Elizabeth

Have to agree with Frank and Phil (TEXAZC6) with this one. :yesnod

Mike at AZPS is the man when it comes to anything GM. He is our first choice. :thumbs

We go to Van Chevy for our maintenance plan stuff (we bought it too Phil) and have had superior service from Gary and his crew. :)

Unfortunately, I've been to 3 Phoenix area dealerships so far, Freeway, Van's and Power on Bell.

Power: Close to home, quick service, good follow up. They called me with updates. Didn't have to call them. They try hard to please IMHO.

Van's: Courteous and prompt. Scratched my door when i had the vette less than 2 weeks.PIZZED.

Freeway: Courteous, but slow and too far for me to travel

• 2 weeks later...
I bought the '03 from B&B in Mesa and took it there. I took the '04 there once. They screwed up fixing both cars, the '03 on several occasions. One time they let me go out of the shop with the rear carriage bolts so loose the car would change lanes all by itself under acceleration. :eek I only did the dealership thing because the clutch went out under warranty, but quite frankly, pick any one of those places and it's a crap shoot whether or not you'll get your car back in at least as good condition as you left it there. Midway left my pristine '03 sitting outside in a dust storm and it was trashed, not to mention they didn't come anywhere close to even diagnosing the problem correctly. Power Chevrolet on Bell couldn't figure out how much oil to put in my engine. :clap I told the service manager there he was running a zoo, and he agreed. :lol

My experience is that dealerships tend to screw up more stuff then they fix, and it's the LAST place I would take my Vette for repair. Most of the mechanics are used to working on Cavaliers and they have Cavalier mentality when they're working on your Vette. :eek

I know that's not a pretty picture but you asked. :yesnod

BTW, you don't have to take it to a stealership to have warranty work done.

Sorry for the semi-hijack, but Steve was talking about this issue again on Sunday, and I just saw this thread over on CF: Linky, so I thought I'd share a worst case scenario for those of you considering visits to a stealership....this poor guy had warranty work to be done, but the punk who parked his baby deserves a public flogging. If you do take it in, do not let it out of your sight! :eek

DSC00979.jpg

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Unfortunately, I've been to 3 Phoenix area dealerships so far, Freeway, Van's and Power on Bell.

Power: Close to home, quick service, good follow up. They called me with updates. Didn't have to call them. They try hard to please IMHO.

Van's: Courteous and prompt. Scratched my door when i had the vette less than 2 weeks.PIZZED.

Freeway: Courteous, but slow and too far for me to travel

one of the techs at Van had a zipper hanging off his jacket and scratched my fenders... I told Gary about it, and no questions asked had a full detail done and their paint guy helping out... needless to say with even as anal as I am on cars, I couldnt notice anything :)

The service manager at Van's did try to have the scratch removed with a PC at the dealership while i was there. Too deep, no go. They offered to paint it and blend it into the rear quarter, etc. Frig that, a two week old silver car, no thanks.

They did offer a small amount of money for the damage, I accepted and have a credit on my account.