NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

More Emissions

Guest cooljoe57

Guest cooljoe57

Back again, got everything installed passed the visual inspection, the passed the hc, and failed the co. So i went home readjusted the carb down till almost stall then turned it back out about 1/2 turn on each side. The i retested it to find out i passed the CO with flying colors but then miserably failed the hc. So i turned the carb another 1/2 turn or so till it started runing smooth, and i went again today to find that doing that only made the hcs even worse but the co stayed the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is getting so frustrating that i cant hardly look at the car without getting upset.

Thanks,

Joe

Sorry to hear about your woes. I cannot offer any help...only sympathy. :angelsad I'm sure someone will step up soon to help you out. :thumbs

Guest cooljoe57

Alright, after the 7th test i decided it was time to take it to a shop lol. So now I've got it passed, and the secrect to it is just retarding the timing and adjust the carb. Now for the fun 3 hour wait at the dmv....

Well, at least you got her done. Hopefully she did not cost you too much.

Try the MVD office on Bell road between Dysart and Litchfield. Been there twice and out in less than 15 mins each time. Last one was about 5 mins or less. :thumbs

Phill's Vette

Joe,

The good times WILL out weigh the bad!

Great you got it right, now enjoy!

:thumbs

Try the MVD office on Bell road between Dysart and Litchfield. Been there twice and out in less than 15 mins each time. Last one was about 5 mins or less. :thumbs

He is in Tucson! :lol Glad all is well!!! :thumbs

He is in Tucson! :lol Glad all is well!!! :thumbs

Oops, guess that one won't work. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol