NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Where To Get Rotors

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

I ordered hi perf Rotors from NAPA, but got an email back saying they had no indication from the factory when they may be able to fill the order, so it was canceled. They tell me there is not a full set of the standard rotors in stock anywhere in town either, same story, so it looks like I'm screwed. Does anyone know of another source for reasonably priced rotors?

Call Bob at GMPartsHouse.com, he's always about the lowest on GM parts. He's a vendor on the other forum.

I got my D/S rotors and pads from the Parts Ladi on EBAY. They were GM parts and about $300.00ish for rotors and pads.

I got my D/S rotors and pads from the Parts Ladi on EBAY. They were GM parts and about $300.00ish for rotors and pads.

:agree I've been looking on ebay as well. They usually have some really good prices there. Just not in any dire need for them.

After much consternation and research on my part, I ordered a whole set of slotted-only rotors from RotorPros.com. They come with black painted or powder-coated hats already, and shipped to my door for $225. I ordered the AC Delco ceramic pads from Gene at GMpartshouse.com, low dust is a must with chromies. :yesnod

I scoped out the eBay package deals, but one of my wife's co-workers just got scammed on eBay so I've been grounded from shopping there. :crazy

Debated getting the braided s.s. brake lines....still wondering if the price is worth it. :toetap

I scoped out the eBay package deals, but one of my wife's co-workers just got scammed on eBay so I've been grounded from shopping there. :crazy

Didn't order through EBAY....they had a # to call. :thumbs Just an FYI...I hate scammers!!! :hunter

Been there, done that. :toetap Just have to be careful. Definitely check their feedbacks etc. And NO checks/money orders.

....in fact, they just arrived. :clap

Take a gander. And yes, I'm gonna paint the calipers black when these go on. :devil

....in fact, they just arrived. :clap

Take a gander. And yes, I'm gonna paint the calipers black when these go on. :devil

Pretty sweet. I like. :thumbs

Guest AZ Power & Sound

checker and autozone have a lifetime warranty on their rotors so if you just want replacements id go there... I can order the Eradispeed rotors for you from Baer... but their "lifetime warranty" means its only covered if you dont drive the car or use the brakes :lol

but their "lifetime warranty" means its only covered if you dont drive the car or use the brakes :lol

That pretty much describes Steve's driving style :lol:lol

Guest UVETTYA

but their "lifetime warranty" means its only covered if you dont drive the car or use the brakes :lol

Most of the time I drive safe and legal. You typically only see me when we're on a cruise together, and Phil, Mark, Chris and Ken are veeeery bad influences. :yesnod So sometimes stuff happens... :D ...but not usually.

I got 48K out of this set of pads and rotors, and that included 1 DE at Firebird w/4 20 minute sessions. I'm only on my 2nd set of tires, and the rears still have half their tread left. :thumbs So I'm usually good. (although we all have our weak moments, huh? I think I left half of my rears at Andrew and Melissa's house) :devil

Most of the time I drive safe and legal. You typically only see me when we're on a cruise together, and Phil, Mark, Chris and Ken are veeeery bad influences. :yesnod So sometimes stuff happens... :D ...but not usually.

I got 48K out of this set of pads and rotors, and that included 1 DE at Firebird w/4 20 minute sessions. I'm only on my 2nd set of tires, and the rears still have half their tread left. :thumbs So I'm usually good. (although we all have our weak moments, huh? I think I left half of my rears at Andrew and Melissa's house) :devil

I call :bs without pictures of him doing nice and easy stuff. :lol:lol

it's all about research (and a little trial and error)

i bought from this guy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CORVETTE-C5...itemZ7986862351

and when i discovered i bought the wrong kit for my C4 - 6 MONTHS LATER he let me ship them back and sent me the correct set for just the shipping charge (since it WAS my fault)

Guest Sidewinder

Steve,

Get the ones from Autozone. They hold up well to abuse. I blued mine a little at Firebird but still work like a champ. Drilled and slotted are bling for cars like ours that only see the track a few times. Save the extra $ for heads. :thumbs

P.S. I sprayed my rotor hats with regular flat black and the paint stuck even after Firebird :yesnod

Guest UVETTYA
Steve,

Get the ones from Autozone. They hold up well to abuse. I blued mine a little at Firebird but still work like a champ. Drilled and slotted are bling for cars like ours that only see the track a few times. Save the extra $ for heads. :thumbs

P.S. I sprayed my rotor hats with regular flat black and the paint stuck even after Firebird :yesnod

Yep, I agree, D&S are mostly bling for my driving application. AutoZone sells Duralast rotors. Never tried them. Thanks for the info.

some of us that already hahve heads like that chingo blingo! Grip Force is my choice - that's what we jus tput on jackies car too *rememeber steve???)

same cross drilled slotted with hawk HPS ceramis padsi will buiy them again for my vette - and probably the truck if it lasts that long

Steve,