NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The pictures of my 92

92ZR1Wannabe

92ZR1Wannabe

Here are a couple of pics of my 92. I would post a pic of the rear of the car to show off the 315 35's and ZR1 rims , but some %*$& stuck a ZR1 Emblem on the back of the car, that I have not removed yet, so i wanted to keep the flack down till i go out and remove it this weekend. (Kinda leery as to what its gonna do to the paint).

So anyway its a 92 A4 , 2.59 rear, umm sport leather buckts, blows gold (which sounds pretty nice IMHO , but im not a stereo guy) heated mirrors, rear defrost, leather interior ect ect. 114k on it , runs and drives like its brand new. Only thing i have done so far is ordered a Corsa catback system , and installed a K@N and open lid airbox.

O and yea, i have a new airdam on the car too, as you can see that one was thrashed when i got the car. And the black smear you see right above where the airdamn was is gone too. The previous owner musta thought it was cute to black RTV the old airdamn on or something :huh: it was a PITA to get off of there.

dscf00051rd.th.jpg

dscf00182ah.th.jpg

Sweet! :thumbs:

Great pics. Gotta love blk & wht (can't see in the sig but mine's got a wht top).

Looks real nice !!

If the emblem is just on with tape / glue, try soaking the backside of it with some 3M adhesive remover a few times and then warm it up really good with a hair dryer. Then gently try and peel it off.

Or,

Use some dental floss, and with a sawing motion, cut through the glue or tape that is holding it on, then some 3M adhesive remover will take care of the rest...

Great looking C4. :thumbs:

92ZR1Wannabe

Here ya go ,, a shot of the rear.

Sad thing is , as far as i can tell, they did not even but the darn thing in the right spot. Its supposed to be lower on the car.

BTW , i cut the CORVETTE lettering out of the stripe , with an EXACTO KNIFE!@!!! talk about nervous.. but I think it turned out presentable. :) I nicked the top of the O but i just need to touch it up a little. Really makes it stand out though..

O and yes the 3rd tail light has 2 crackes in it... i have a brand new one sitting on the desk waiting to go in , along with 2 new o2 sensors , a new oil pressure sending unit, and a new insturment cluster lense... all the little pet peeve things about a car that i like to be perfect.

I don't think the O2 sensors are bad in it now , but i am getting ready to do a tune up , and for the price, i figure ill change em anyway.

dscf00253gv.th.jpg

I nicked the top of the O but i just need to touch it up a little.

O and yes the 3rd tail light has 2 crackes in it...

You have the same problem I do, quit pointing out all the problems that no one else will probably ever notice. When I open your picture, I see a great looking corvette, but then I had to look at the top of the O and at the third brake light to see the things you pointed out....

I wouldn't never have noticed those 2 things if you hadn't pointed them out...I do the same thing, and I wish I could quit myself.

Maybe we should start a self help group for this, but I would be afraid we would just sit around and point out all the things wrong with our stuff.... :smilelol: :smilelol: :smilelol:

92ZR1Wannabe

LOL thats very true!

I just get annoyed when i find little things wrong like that.

Nice car and hope to see it person this Saturday at the Topless cruise. Welcome Aboard!

Guest afmiller

Nice ride--------it will get better by the time your done.....You would think whoever had it before would know where the emblem goes for the real Z, of which I have one in Goodyear----

Guest XLR8TNC5

Wow, your car really is in great condition. and for the record, I do the same thing in picking out all of my 98's imperfections and paint issues, so don't feel bad, but like DWayne said, most of us do not notice these things when we are looking at someone else's car. We just see the beauty of our Corvettes and that is all that matters.

Welcome to ACE.