NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Good News....

anmracing

and no emissions test required! :thumbs

I checked the MVD website and see that this is why:

Collectible Vehicle Emissions Testing Exemption - Vehicles registered in Phoenix and Tucson emissions areas that are insured under a collectible vehicle policy, may be eligible for exemption from the Arizona vehicle emissions testing requirements.

Insurance companies will electronically notify MVD when a vehicle is currently insured as a collectible vehicle and therefore exempt from emissions testing requirements.

The vehicle may be renewed online at www.servicearizona.com, through the mail, or by visiting an MVD or authorized Third Party office.

The collectible vehicle emissions exemption continues as long as there is no change in ownership, and the collectible vehicle insurance coverage is maintained on the vehicle.

So, for the folks who were having trouble with their registration under the new rules, perhaps you can bother your agent and make it happen after all?

Just thought I'd throw an FYI your way. :yesnod

M~

I've been trying to find out what specifically qualifies a policy as collectible insurance, but don't have too much information yet. I talked to my State Farm insurance agent and she said they are working on a program, but nothing yet. They do have parade vehicle coverage, but no driving to work, only driving to and from events and less than 2000 miles per year. I already got turned down from Hagerty in December and didn't really get told why.

I've been trying to find out what specifically qualifies a policy as collectible insurance, but don't have too much information yet. I talked to my State Farm insurance agent and she said they are working on a program, but nothing yet. They do have parade vehicle coverage, but no driving to work, only driving to and from events and less than 2000 miles per year. I already got turned down from Hagerty in December and didn't really get told why.

Maybe she got in under the wire.... She's had it insured with them for some time. Maybe they are being more strict on policies now that the new laws are going into effect.

Andrew

WTG :)

Prolly got 'in' cause it's a Red Corvette (just my guess)

-Frank (hate to think they just flip a coin in an office somewhere ..'heads' we let this car 'in' ..tails we tell 'em to get lost!)

I'm over 25, can I be exempt? :eek:eek

Chuck, I really don't want to know what kind of emissions you have... :ack

M~

Oh, and I'm just glad we don't have to sit in line in the heat for the test. :eek It's a bear out there!

M~

I received a post card from Hagarty Insurance today confirming they gave the state the info that my classic is insured and so won't need emission testing

I received a post card from Hagarty Insurance today confirming they gave the state the info that my classic is insured and so won't need emission testing

Congrats. That's awesome!

Andrew