Tires ?

GRANDDAD

I am replacing Dianne's tires. Can't decide between

KUMHO ECSTA MX run flat

or

MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S ZP run flat

any help on this

Jay

I replaced the GY's on my C5 with Michelins and I loved them. I actually went through two sets of Michelins before I traded. They get my vote! :thumbs

I have not used either brand so I can not help.

But I recall Dwayne mentioning Kumos, hopefully he will chime in.

I did notice you are looking at run flats, did you concider not going with run flats? If the vehicle is driven in town mostly, then I would suggest non run flats, you will get a better ride. Just my :2cents

Phil... :devil

EVIL ONE we are planning a few long trips and a couple little ones. The BEARTOOTH HIGHWAY is next month. 3000 miles round trip +or-. run flats will help me so we don't get stuck BFE. paying a premium because no else has a tire for us. Thanks for your input

Jay

Guest Sidewinder

You get what ya pay for!

Michelin ZP's :yesnod

Kum ho's :ack

Had both, HATED the Kumhos. I you go from the junk Goodyears to Kumhos they will probably feel a little better but if you go from a GOOD tire to Kumhos you will kick yourself in the ass everyday :lol

Yes Michelin ZP's (runflats) have a little stiffer sidewall but they are perfect for what your needs are. They handle very well!

Just ask Phil, he has seen them in action coming back down the twisties from Camp Verde. :thumbs

I'm no tire expert and I don't race or rally. I run the Kumho's and find them fine for cruising and all around regular driving and :agree you get what you pay for and pay for what you need. JMO

I bought my car with Kumhos. I like them other than they are not Z rated. I will buy better tires when the time comes, but I really like to push mine whenever I can. :D For the kind of driving Diane does, I'd say the Kumhos are fine. :2cents A whole lot better than runcraps...that's for sure.

I also have the non runflat Kumhos, they were new when I bought my C5 so I don't know how any of the other tires are. So far these have been good enough for me.

When the time comes to replace them I will look really hard at the higher quality tires out there. Might as well pay a few bucks more for the peace of mind when you need them...

Thanks for your replies.

MICHELIN will be ordered today.

Anyone interested in a set of used Goodyears (F!s)?

front 245/45-17 rear 275/40/-18 will get tread depth soon

Jay

BTW-SEAN- DIANNE HAS A PRO AUTO SPORT RACING LICENSE.

Guest Sidewinder

:clap

Kumhos would put her in the dirt for sure on the track.

:eek Wow, who would have thunk it. The mild mannered young lady that she is. :D :burnout

Robert and Elizabeth
DIANNE HAS A PRO AUTO SPORT RACING LICENSE.

You go girl!! :clap:clap:devil

WTG Dianne :)

(what do you do to earn that kind of license? ..guessin some trials on a road course or a few races as a 'rookie' or some such?)

Thanks for sharin the info on tires .. good to know :)

-Frank an Kathy

Guest Sidewinder

AHHH YES, I remember when I got my Pro Auto Racing License. It was GREAT! :yesnod

The thing I hated was not being able to pass slower vettes in the corners, stupid rules :lol

Nort99,

I need more than looks! She needs to stay on the road.

Jay

Ha Ha. Took it out for some fun today. Man what a difference, sure hang tight on the curves now. I like.

AHHH YES, I remember when I got my Pro Auto Racing License. It was GREAT! :yesnod

The thing I hated was not being able to pass slower vettes in the corners, stupid rules :lol

It was a pretty good deal, we were allowed to pass on straight away only. ran 2 sessions alone,

they were recruiting corvettes that day