NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New Mod

Bigfoot

Ok, I found these on ebay for a really good price and could not pass them up. They finally arrived today and I slapped them on while doing an oil change. :bang They are Addco like the ones on MidAmerica.

As can be seen they came with all the hardware, bushing and adjustable endlinks.

IMGA0097.jpg

Here is the front side by side comparison. The new one is a 1.75" monster!!!!

IMGA0099.jpg

Closer up side by side

IMGA0100.jpg

Installed

IMGA0102.jpg

IMGA0103.jpg

IMGA0104.jpg

Now here is the rear side by side comaparison and installed, it is a full 1" bar.

IMGA0105.jpg

IMGA0106.jpg

IMGA0107.jpg

IMGA0109.jpg

I have not gotten to give it a good road test, but just down the block and back doing the old NASCAR weave this thing has ZERO body roll now!!!!! I cannot wait to really give it a try, but holy cow this car is stiff now. :D

These pics really suck, but Stacie has our camera at the Rattlers game tonight.

I have a set of Z51's waiting for me to pick up, if I ever get the chance..... :devil

Looks good Sean :thumbs

All I can say is OUCH!

You have been seriously bit by the Mod Bug!

You will never have enough money for lunch at Hooters if you keep modding at this pace.

Phil... :devil

Robert and Elizabeth

Congrats Sean! :thumbs You can never mod too much I say! :yesnod

ooo .. a run up Yarnell hill is in your future!

-grin-

That is just too much fun :)

-Frank

ooo .. a run up Yarnell hill is in your future!

-grin-

That is just too much fun :)

-Frank

:agree that's what I'm thinking...either that or the old Route 666. *drool* :lol

Beefy! :lol That should stick awesome in the twisties along with your tunnel plate, great mod Sean! :clap

Are you still running run-flats? If so, you can get some of your 'ride' back by switching to a non-runflat, just carry the compressor/patch kit. :yesnod Those EMTs are stiff as a hockey puck and heat cycling makes 'em hard and glassy.

Dean, no runcraps on this car. I have Kuhmos.

Had the car out pretty much all day today. Man this thing is wicked when throwing it around corners now. Unfortunately I thought I did something wrong. These bars are noisy as hell, like some big rattle going on under there. So I did a quick search on CF and found this. LINKY Guess I did it right...but I did not expect this racket.

Think I will switch back to the stock endlinks anyway. The bars are awesome though.

are your factory end links plastic or metal?

Fronts are metal, rear I believe, are plastic. I will get some aftermarket ones as soon as I find some I like.

Dumb question here. When you change out the sway bars and end links is a re-alignment required??

They do look beefy compared to the stock ones.

No alignment necessary. When the car is sitting static on all four the sway bars should be "neutral." Meaning no stress/torsion on them.

Anyone know a good place to get some stronger than stock endlinks that won't be so noisy? Checker and Autozone don't have anything. What about dealerships?

No alignment necessary. When the car is sitting static on all four the sway bars should be "neutral." Meaning no stress/torsion on them.

Anyone know a good place to get some stronger than stock endlinks that won't be so noisy? Checker and Autozone don't have anything. What about dealerships?

When I owned my stock car racing shop in Illinois, we sold all sizes of Heim joints. Any way that is what we called them. I am sure there are some race shops around. :D

When I owned my stock car racing shop in Illinois, we sold all sizes of Heim joints. Any way that is what we called them. I am sure there are some race shops around. :D

There are a few...Lopers and another one is Performance Suspension (I think). Lopers is a bit of a hike, but I'll call both tomorrow.