NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Ipod Adapter With Stock Head Unit

TEXAZC6

coconut girl

I am also using a FM transmitter for my MP3 player (not ipod).

I don't know if Cruchfield site has this, but find the same thing on amazon.com. They have their products rated by the buyers. You can even email the consumer to get more info. Several of the shopping sites have this. It help me figure out which FM transmitter to buy.

Final Effort

A buddy of mine at work got an adaptor from Radio Shack to tap into the antenna for his Dodge truck and it works fine. $5.00 maybe

I have used a USA Spec interface in my son 2001 Camaro. It works great. Excellent sound, much better than the RF connectors and it works with steering wheel controls. It plugs into the CD adapter port.

I don't know how much different the newer radios are, but I would not hesitate to buy one. As a matter of fact, I am ordering one for my 2002 TB with Bose Radio.

A buddy of mine at work got an adaptor from Radio Shack to tap into the antenna for his Dodge truck and it works fine. $5.00 maybe

Any details on this? Part number maybe?

Thanks,

Well the part number I used was USA Spec model #581PA11G45 which is comaptible with the GM Monsoon car stereo that is in the Camaro.

If you use the Crutchfield Car Selector it will point to the exact model for your car and radio type.

The unit ws easy to install just unplug the CD Changer cable, plug in the interface, plug the CD Changer cable back into the new adapter. Connect up 12V and mount the adapter (either with a screw, or double sided tape, etc.). Find a spot to route the cable into the passenger compartment and you are done.

You don't have to buy it from Cruthfield, you might want to check EBay or some other electronic outlets for best price.

Well the part number I used was USA Spec model #581PA11G45 which is comaptible with the GM Monsoon car stereo that is in the Camaro.

If you use the Crutchfield Car Selector it will point to the exact model for your car and radio type.

The unit ws easy to install just unplug the CD Changer cable, plug in the interface, plug the CD Changer cable back into the new adapter. Connect up 12V and mount the adapter (either with a screw, or double sided tape, etc.). Find a spot to route the cable into the passenger compartment and you are done.

You don't have to buy it from Cruthfield, you might want to check EBay or some other electronic outlets for best price.

I meant for the $5 radio shack part but thanks, :thumbs