NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Custom AZ Power & Sound C6 Exhaust

Eddie44

I'm selling the exhaust off my C6. Mike at AZP&S fabricated the catback exhaust system. This includes x-pipe, Borla mufflers and the stock C6 tips. If you want an exhaust that is loud but not overwhelming this is perfect. The system is still on my C6 A6 if you want to hear it. I'm asking $600 obo.

Yeah, why are you selling it Eddie?

I'm going to be 100% honest here and tell you it has a resonance at 1800=2000 rpm in 6th gear. I've given several other ACE members a ride and they don't notice it. At cruising speed (70-75 mph) in sixth gear it's unbearable. It would be perfect for someone that wants loud with a 6spd manual. With the manual they can control the rpm's much better. That's also why I've left it on the car so any potential buyer can listen to it.

I bought this magnaflow system from Chadzilla 500.

Guest Kens06
I'm going to be 100% honest here and tell you it has a resonance at 1800=2000 rpm in 6th gear. I've given several other ACE members a ride and they don't notice it. At cruising speed (70-75 mph) in sixth gear it's unbearable.

Eddie,

Believe it or not the car sounds different depending on the seat!!

Remember when Dan drove my car to Show Low and back??

I couldn't believe I was in the same car when we changed seats at the 1st stop!!

That may be why the passengers don't hear what you hear!!

You are the one driving and if you are uncomfortable with the exhaust note, it's time to change!!

Some people love Borlas, I gave a set away to get the PRTs put on.

It's all personal taste and what suits you............

Exhaust note can either make you grind your teeth, or bring that smile every Corvette driver should have.........

Good Luck with the sale Bro!!

Ken

Eddie,

Believe it or not the car sounds different depending on the seat!!

Remember when Dan drove my car to Show Low and back??

I couldn't believe I was in the same car when we changed seats at the 1st stop!!

That may be why the passengers don't hear what you hear!!

You are the one driving and if you are uncomfortable with the exhaust note, it's time to change!!

Some people love Borlas, I gave a set away to get the PRTs put on.

It's all personal taste and what suits you............

Exhaust note can either make you grind your teeth, or bring that smile every Corvette driver should have.........

Good Luck with the sale Bro!!

Ken

Couldn't agree more Ken. I loved my Borla Stingers took a 5500 mi roadtrip with them and couldn't hear drone one but others complained like crazy about the drone of theirs. That's why I'm offering someone a chance to get a great deal on a replacement exhaust and get a lot more sound from their C6.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been suggested to me that I probably scared off possible buyers with my honesty. This system would be great with a MN6. I would only sell it to someone with an A6 after they had a chance to hear it. The difference is the extremely high final gear ratio of the A6. That ratio brings the cruising speed (70-75) right in the resonance range.

If you have an MN6 and want a very reasonable aftermarket exhaust system this is for you. I'm asking $600 or best offer.

It has been suggested to me that I probably scared off possible buyers with my honesty. This system would be great with a MN6. I would only sell it to someone with an A6 after they had a chance to hear it. The difference is the extremely high final gear ratio of the A6. That ratio brings the cruising speed (70-75) right in the resonance range.

If you have an MN6 and want a very reasonable aftermarket exhaust system this is for you. I'm asking $600 or best offer.

I have QTP controlled cutouts above my mufflers on an A4 and they are not very loud even with wide open valves. I beleive the cat backs reduce a lot of noise. When I'm on the freeway, I like to throw the switch to closed so that I can carry on a conversation better, but usually run them open. Of course, I'm half deaf anyway. I've thought about getting rid of the factory cat-backs, any suggestions. Mike

I have QTP controlled cutouts above my mufflers on an A4 and they are not very loud even with wide open valves. I beleive the cat backs reduce a lot of noise. When I'm on the freeway, I like to throw the switch to closed so that I can carry on a conversation better, but usually run them open. Of course, I'm half deaf anyway. I've thought about getting rid of the factory cat-backs, any suggestions. Mike

This system would be perfect if I had an A4. The A4 is geared lower than the A6 for a final drive ratio. Check and see what your doing for RPM's at 75 mph. With the A6 I'm at between 1800 and 2000 rpm. That is where the resonance occurs.

So anyone with an 05 A4 or an 06/07 MN6 this exhaust would be perfect. Some of you heard it Sat in Casa Grande. It is slightly deeper sounding than the Corsas and some of the other systems.

• 3 weeks later...

Still available and price dropped to $500. If you've got an MN6 this would be a terrific buy on a quality exhaust system.

Still available and price dropped to $500. If you've got an MN6 this would be a terrific buy on a quality exhaust system.

Sorry you've had no luck on this Eddie.

Those that have not heard this, it's a very nice sound. I cannot say anything about the resonance, but from the outside this one gives you a nice aggresive sound without being oboxious...yeah, I know, some of us like that...including me. But this is a nice system for anyone still running stock exhaust on a C6. :thumbs

Stop sending PM's and let's get them installed. :D

:agree do I hear a "Corvette Saturday" coming up soon? :yesnod We love to watch...I mean help. :lol

Looks like this one's sold too!

Anybody that's interested we're going to possibly do a "Corvette Sunday" on July 15th. I'll probably host it unless somebody has a lift they'd like to donate.

Anybody that's interested we're going to possibly do a "Corvette Sunday" on July 15th. I'll probably host it unless somebody has a lift they'd like to donate.

Congrats and bummer. :thumbs We'll be in Cali that week.

Guest UVETTYA

Don't forget that's a Hooters Sunday! :drinkers

If you start REAL early in the AM, I'll show up and take pictures and laugh and point. :lol After about 8 AM it'll be way too hot for me to do much more than sit in the shade, drink iced tea and make wise cracks. :smilelol

If you start REAL early in the AM, I'll show up and take pictures and laugh and point. :lol After about 8 AM it'll be way too hot for me to do much more than sit in the shade, drink iced tea and make wise cracks. :smilelol

I thought that's all you did anyway. :lol:devil:lol

I thought that's all you did anyway. :lol:devil:lol

I saw him work once of course it was when we were doing his exhaust. :lol

Guest UVETTYA

Well duh, it was just you and me Eddie. :lol

Think about that for a minute...

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

And now that I think about it... who helped you install the bra on your C5? Hmmmm? Why, your old buddy Steve. :yesnod

You and me Eddie. :thumbs The two coolest guys in the club. :yesnod

Well duh, it was just you and me Eddie. :lol

Think about that for a minute...

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

And now that I think about it... who helped you install the bra on your C5? Hmmmm? Why, your old buddy Steve. :yesnod

You and me Eddie. :thumbs The two coolest guys in the club. :yesnod

Oh shit! Now it is getting deep in here. Time to get the boots out. :howdy

You got me there Bud! Of course I was buying it from you :huh