NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Wtt '04 Gto For C5 Auto Vette

JayinAZ

Hello all. First post here. WooHoo!

I'm trying to get back into a Vette so please read below and help me reach my goal.

Jay

I know it's a longshot but I'm looking to trade my '04 GTO for a '00 or newer C5 auto Vette. I'd prefer a non-silver car, coupe (no FRC or verts), auto only (so my wife can drive it too) and lower mileage. Mods are great.

My car is an '04 GTO M6, torrid (bright) red with red/black interior, 17,200 miles, with full SAP kit including 2005 ram air hood, SAP front and rear bumpers, grilles and spoiler. About 7 months ago I spent just over $7k for some go fast mods- AZPS02 cam, Kooks headers with cats, 3.91 gears, FAST 90/90, CAI, magnaflow cat-back with true duals, tune, B&M shifter, The car put down 418rwhp and 365rwtq. It runs and sounds awesome! The paint is very bright and interior as close to new as possible. I get looks everywhere I go. The car is in excellent shape and needs nothing. It has Zenetti Duece B 18" rims with tires at at least 75% tread. I went to the 1/4 track twice and made a total of 11 passes. Obviously I am not the best driver and also need stickier tires cause my best time was 12.8@112mph with a 2.1 60' I'm sure a good driver could take it down .5 second especially with drag radials. The car is very well maintained and I have all the receipts since new. The car has never needed any major sevice. I am the 2nd owner and have had the car almost 1 1/2 years. No wrecks, clear title, non smoker, all paid off in my name. I have pics and short videos if anyone wants to see.

Unfortunately, I can't sell the car outright because I need another car to drive. My daughter is older now and doesn't need to be in the backseat anymore so I'm looking to get back into a Vette. Someone help me out! Someone must need an extremely clean 4 seater hot rod.

I believe a very fair price for the GTO is $21,500 I could list it for $23k obo and then haggle but I'd rather eliminate some of the back and forth and just say $21.5 I can probably contribute a couple thousand to offset the price difference of your Vette too.

Lemme know.

Here's a link to some pics-

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t297/JayinAZ2007/

Thanks!

Jay in AZ (Jay963@cox.net)

post-620-1179212566.jpg

post-620-1179212648.jpg

post-620-1179212718.jpg

One of the few after market wheels I've seen on a GTO that I like. Nice car, good luck on the trade.

Thank you everyone.

Someone must need a backseat, right?

Jay

Already have 3 backseats in the other 2 vehicles. :lol

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I will vouch for this car, its CLEAN! One of the few GTOs I love having in the shop because every customer comments on the wheels and body kit!

Not to mention we did all the work to it :)

Thank you everyone.

Someone must need a backseat, right?

Jay

I'm looking at buying a GTO, but not until February, otherwise I'd consider your car. Don't have a vette to trade though.

oh tease the poor guy Keith... :lol

:D

I miss not having a go fast car :(

I will vouch for this car, its CLEAN! One of the few GTOs I love having in the shop because every customer comments on the wheels and body kit!

Not to mention we did all the work to it :)

Thanks Mike.

I'm working on this trade, but it's not going so well.

At least the people on this board are all very nice about it.

Jay

Guest UVETTYA
Thanks Mike.

Jay

That's because we all love Andrew and he's a MOPAR nut. :lol

You might have better luck selling your car outright and buying the Vette you want. There are a lot of options and you surely want a BLACK Z06 - and with due respect, I don't think you're going to find many BLACK Z06 owners wanting to trade for a GTO. :huh

Thanks Mike.

Jay

That's because we all love Andrew and he's a MOPAR nut. :lol

You might have better luck selling your car outright and buying the Vette you want. There are a lot of options and you surely want a BLACK Z06 - and with due respect, I don't think you're going to find many BLACK Z06 owners wanting to trade for a GTO. :huh

Never mind I changed my mind. :bang

• 2 weeks later...
HeliPilot1

How are ya Sir,

I might be interested. I have a Red '98 with 78K miles....Automatic....Litttle mods here and there. Super nice car.

How are ya Sir,

I might be interested. I have a Red '98 with 78K miles....Automatic....Litttle mods here and there. Super nice car.

OK, let's talk. Can you tell me some more about the car? Options, mods, maintenance, problems, any issues, any interior pics? I was looking for an '00 or newer with less miles and I'm not a big fan of the wagon wheels, but I know I can't be too picky either. We should talk some more. Where are you?

Jay

HeliPilot1

How are ya Sir,

I was looking for an '00 or newer with less miles and I'm not a big fan of the wagon wheels,

Sounds like you just talked yourself out of it! Or is that just me?

How are ya Sir,

I was looking for an '00 or newer with less miles and I'm not a big fan of the wagon wheels,

Sounds like you just talked yourself out of it! Or is that just me?

I'd still like to know some more about the car. Although it's not exactly what I said I was looking for in my original post, it's kind of close. Maybe we can work something out. Can you answer my questions and if you have any more pics, please send to Jay963@cox.net

Thanks.

Jay

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

I am really excited! I just bought a Vette! :D Got it 5 days ago for a good deal. It's a 2003 with the 1SB package and perf axle ratio. I would love chrome wheels, CD changer, and a tinted roof (instead of the solid yellow roof) so if anyone has the hook up, lemme know.

I still have the GTO so it's for sale now, no more looking for a trade. Bottom line no haggle price is $20,500. At this point, I will not go lower. I'm going on vacation in a week so I'll be pushing the sale a little harder when I get back.

I hope to get more involved and meet people and go to some events soon.

Jay

post-620-1183158158.jpg

Very nice looking ride Jay. Tim will love that Yeller...that's for sure.

Congrats. :thumbs

Post more pics when you get a chance.

Right on more YELLER!!! :howdy

Can you send me some more pics of your car? Did you do any interior dress up items? I also want to get my windows tinted, are yours? I'd like to see how it looks. I'm in Goodyear and I see you're in Avondale. I'm sure our paths will cross.

See ya!

Jay

Can you send me some more pics of your car? Did you do any interior dress up items? I also want to get my windows tinted, are yours? I'd like to see how it looks. I'm in Goodyear and I see you're in Avondale. I'm sure our paths will cross.

See ya!

Jay

Why send pics...come on over or lets cruz on over to Laveen together this morning.

602-3 six 3 - 7 3 five 4

See ya!

Jay

Why send pics...come on over or lets cruz on over to Laveen together this morning.

602-3 six 3 - 7 3 five 4

Check out the ride-

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t297/JayinAZ2007/

What are you doing Sunday? I'm supposed to take the car in to a guy to see about getting the front bumper touched up around noon. Maybe I can stop by on my way back. If you don't reply here, I'll give you a call.

Jay