WTB: Supercharger/turbo

Don&Patty

You can pick up a used supercharger kit for about 5k or so.... The problem is that you will still need an upgrade to your fuel system, injectors, guages, etc.... Then once you install it, count on a DTE Tranny brace, upgraded clutch, etc....

Robert and Elizabeth
You can pick up a used supercharger kit for about 5k or so.... The problem is that you will still need an upgrade to your fuel system, injectors, guages, etc.... Then once you install it, count on a DTE Tranny brace, upgraded clutch, etc....

:agree

Glenn is absolutely right. In addition to what he said, you will probably need a CAM specifically made for superchargers or for turbos. Also, headers and full exhaust so it can breathe too. There is a lot of things one needs to do when upgrading to a supercharger or turbo. Plan on bullit-proofing your block if you want to run any kind of serious boost. It just isn't slapped on alone. Well, that is unless you want to grenade your engine...

Our :2cents

Blower Drive Service if you want the 'thru the hood, Enderle Injector look of a 6-71 or 8-71' .. -evil grin- .. of course, I don't know of any used ones out there.

Can sometimes find used setups on the corvette forum in the for sale sections.. always makes me leery tho, never know what's missing and usually no instructions, etc. .. plus, if a part is screwed up (can be as simple as stripped threads, or as bad as frozen impellor on the turbo)..

..I hate fixin other people's screw-ups.

Rather spend the extra to get stuff to screw up my own self :)

-Frank

• 2 months later...

TTT...

Hey D&P, did you find a blower yet? I know you said "used" but they're havin' a sale! :devil

I think I saw a setup similar to this "just slapped on" a C5 on Horsepower TV, seemed pretty badass.

sts_590x394.jpg