NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

1980 c3 T-Tops

Guest cooljoe57

Guest cooljoe57

Hi, i getting ready to replace the tops on my car, and am in need of some new tops. So if any one knows of any place in Tucson or phoenix area that sells them at a decent price i would appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Joe

Buccaneer

If you're replacing them with the glass T-tops, any of the big resto retailers sell them, but they are SPENDY at around $1,200 a set complete. Eckler's or Mid America etc...has em.

Guest cooljoe57

Yea thats what i figured they would be...but i thought id ask to see if any one knows where to get them cheaper.

Buccaneer

For the price they may be ok. I never heard of these guys before, so do some research on the forums and ask questions before buying. Good luck.

Desertdawg

Astro tops have been around for a long time, BSeery had a set on his 80.

He seemed pretty happy with them, plus they weigh next to nothing compared to teh glass tops...

I'll send Bryan a link to this so he can chime in on how his have held up....

Astro tops have been around for a long time, BSeery had a set on his 80.

He seemed pretty happy with them, plus they weigh next to nothing compared to teh glass tops...

I'll send Bryan a link to this so he can chime in on how his have held up....

http://www.astrotops.com/gmtops.html

Thompson Astro Tops -- best replacement tops you can get. They are more known for their single replacement "Astro 1" than for the factory individuals.

The single replacement top lacks a lot and most people who had / have one say that they suck.

However, the same company will take your original busted glass tops and refurb them with acrylic pieces. I had one of my expensive M1131 code glass tops pop and I just sent the busted tops to them and got my original frames back with all new weatherstrip, new latch parts and instead of replacement glass they replaced with acrylic.

As Dwayne mentioned they are MUCH lighter. Both plastic tops weigh about the same as one of the glass tops. You can break these *unless you do something stupid or intentional.

They do scratch -- I won't kid you there. But take some plastic polish and wipe them donw and they look like brand new.

I highly recommend these tops -- I have had mine since 2001 and have never had a problem with them

Desertdawg

There you go, a recommendation all the way from Tennessee in less than 2 hours. :thumbs:lol

Man this intra-web thingy that Algore invented is sure going to make the world a better place... :cfdeadagain

Man this intra-web thingy that Algore invented is sure going to make the world a better place... :cfdeadagain

Al Gore my ass. :toetap

Phill's Vette
I believe Al Gore was the inventor of global warming :jive: :jive: :jive: :jive: