NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C3 track wheels

whipsails

i have a 74 track vette with old 15" aluminum rims and bad tires. looking to upgrade and i am unsure what size new rim to buy that will fit. i may need zero offset, but get conflicting reports on that. a 16 or 17 rim and lower profile tires would cut my sidewall delflection in the turns. what are you guys using?

thanks

john

tucson

17x8 with Zero offset should work.

Andrew

thanks andrew---i checked digitalcorvettes.com and there is much discussion about going to 18" front and rear and using 295-45-18's on the rear. it looks like the offset can be -15 to zero.

rims-n-tires.com is nice for looking at what is guaranteed to fit.

do you track your car at firebird?

john

No, it's just a driver. Melissa dosen't want me to break it. That's what the Mopar is for. Unfortunately I managed to break that so I'm in the middle of redoing the engine.

A 295/40-18 is a lot closer to the 225/70-15 in height. The 45 series is a bit taller but should work if the car isn't lowered too much.

Andrew

No, it's just a driver. Melissa dosen't want me to break it. That's what the Mopar is for. Unfortunately I managed to break that so I'm in the middle of redoing the engine.

A 295/40-18 is a lot closer to the 225/70-15 in height. The 45 series is a bit taller but should work if the car isn't lowered too much.

Andrew

bodywork is expensive and i like the 17" wheel cause the tires are about $200 less for not much loss. the 255-40-17 and 295 in the rear should be fine. not out to set any records. unless i get lucky!

c ya at the track.

john

I'd like to put some Goodyear Eagle F1s on the rear of my C3 like on the Grand Sport I saw. Any idea what size those are? The guy said they were 17" all around, but can't remember the rest of the size. Anyway, the rears were nice and beefy. :thumbs

That seems like a good staggered fitment. Keep in mind the 255/40-17 are about 2 inches shorter.

A 255/50-17 is about 1/2inch shorter than stock. A happy medium would be a 255/45-17 at a little over and inch shorter to rake it a little. I think the width is perfect though. I did a test fit of 255/50-17 all the way around on the '71 awhile back and I thought it looked awesome.

Andrew

I'd like to put some Goodyear Eagle F1s on the rear of my C3 like on the Grand Sport I saw. Any idea what size those are? The guy said they were 17" all around, but can't remember the rest of the size. Anyway, the rears were nice and beefy. :thumbs

What grand sport are you talking about.

Andrew