NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

K&N oil VS Donaldson Blackwing oil

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

I have a K&N cleaning/oil kit. I used the cleaning stuff to clean the filter. (I hope that was ok) Can I use the K&N oil on my Blackwing?

It's sitting outside in the driveway drying and I'm going to spray it with K&N oil soon. So someone stop me if I'm about to do a no no... :huh

Guest Kens06
I have a K&N cleaning/oil kit. I used the cleaning stuff to clean the filter. (I hope that was ok) Can I use the K&N oil on my Blackwing?

It's sitting outside in the driveway drying and I'm going to spray it with K&N oil soon. So someone stop me if I'm about to do a no no... :huh

Hope you were easy on the oil application Steve!!

Lots of old threads on other forums of over zealous oil application leading to oil build up on the MAF wires and the associated engine problems with the ECM getting goofy data!!

Less is better, just clean it more often!!

Ken

Guest UVETTYA
Hope you were easy on the oil application Steve!!

Lots of old threads on other forums of over zealous oil application leading to oil build up on the MAF wires and the associated engine problems with the ECM getting goofy data!!

Less is better, just clean it more often!!

Ken

Hey Ken, thanks for the advise. Yep, I've read of some having trouble with their MAF after over-oiling a filter. And, I put it on with no oil because I didn't get an answer to the question of whether it's ok to use K&N oil on a Blackwing filter. I don't have Blackwing oil and don't know where to get it. Seems like it should be ok to use it but if there's an incompatibility between the oil and the material it could get ugly. :toetap

When I had my C5 I got the cleaning/oil kit at Extreme. I believe they stock the Donaldson kit.

I use the K & N stuff on the Haltech...I know it's not a Blackwing, But I did call around to manufacturers and vendors and all said it was fine!

I use the K & N stuff on the Haltech...I know it's not a Blackwing, But I did call around to manufacturers and vendors and all said it was fine!

[hijack] Tim, any idea where I can pick up that car in your avatar? [/hijack] :thumbs

What exactly does the oil do anyway? I've got a K&N on my truck and have used it, but never understoold why. :lol

What exactly does the oil do anyway? I've got a K&N on my truck and have used it, but never understoold why. :lol

The oil catches and holds dirt and other particles.

Guest UVETTYA

Ok, tanks Tim. :thumbs

The oil catches and holds dirt and other particles.

hmmm, guess I better get out and oil mine up. :lol

[hijack] Tim, any idea where I can pick up that car in your avatar? [/hijack] :thumbs

Sorry Steve....

To answer the question as asked, you may TRY and get from my Grandson's house, and I do mean TRY. :lol I think the kid would beat on you heavily around your mid section though! :bang He loves his Little Yeller Corvette!!! Now that I got that out of my system, they can be found at Toys R Us. :thumbs

DCP_0724.jpg

Back to filter oil, and their uses....

kn_recharge_lrg.jpg

I'm with Tim, been using the K&N stuff on this Halltech for over 3 years now, no issues, no codes... :yesnod

SWEET yeller 'vert! Hood is popped in the pic, must've been modding......runs in the family! :lol

kn_recharge_lrg.jpg

I'm with Tim, been using the K&N stuff on this Halltech for over 3 years now, no issues, no codes... :yesnod

SWEET yeller 'vert! Hood is popped in the pic, must've been modding......runs in the family! :lol

I figured it was to make room for the S/C.

From what I've heard, all the oils are the same. When I bought my Vararam, they suggested to save your money & get the air cleaner oil @ a motorcycle/atv parts & supply shop.

Jim

Guest UVETTYA
From what I've heard, all the oils are the same. When I bought my Vararam, they suggested to save your money & get the air cleaner oil @ a motorcycle/atv parts & supply shop.

Jim

Thanks!

Anyone old enough to remember oil bath air cleaners? I can't remember which cars had them but I want to say 50's era Fords.

Jim

Thanks!

Anyone old enough to remember oil bath air cleaners? I can't remember which cars had them but I want to say 50's era Fords.

My Dad had a 49 Ford "woody" Station Wagon with one and my first car was a 51 Willys Jeep and it had one. I quickly ripped it off for something cooler.

We grew up with Dad's 68 ford F250 camper special which had a factory oil bath air cleaner, that thing had 239,000 on the original motor when he sold it...

I had a 1963 Ford Pickem up truck that had that type of air filter.

Andrew