NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

8 HP by changing fluids???

Eddie44

Anybody else see Horsepower TV this morning. They took a stock LS1 Camaro and it dyno'd at 302 HP. They changed all the fluids to Royal Purple and it Dyno'd at 310. Pretty good gain for less than $100.

I guess that means that my "secret" weapon is out of the bag now huh? :yesnod

Robert and Elizabeth
Anybody else see Horsepower TV this morning. They took a stock LS1 Camaro and it dyno'd at 302 HP. They changed all the fluids to Royal Purple and it Dyno'd at 310. Pretty good gain for less than $100.

We have used Royal Purple for years in our performance cars. It really does make a difference! We give it a :thumbs:thumbs two thumbs up!

A good friend of mine worked for royal purple for a good many years and he swears by thier products and while that might not mean much to you all I know what a top notch mechanic he is and thats good enough for me. (he now works for bear brakes I wonder if he can get me a good deal on a set of 6 piston calipers?) :lol

Guest Sidewinder

What they FAIL to to tell you is the royal purple they put in was lower viscosity(say 0W30) than what was in the car before. They used to have a thing on their website that showed them picking up 5 HP by changing from a 90W gear oil to their 75W90, DUH.

What they FAIL to to tell you is the royal purple they put in was lower viscosity(say 0W30) than what was in the car before. They used to have a thing on their website that showed them picking up 5 HP by changing from a 90W gear oil to their 75W90, DUH.

Not 100% positive but I think they said they used 5W30 in the motor but I don't know about tranny or rearend.

92ZR1Wannabe

Back in my mustang days (Looks for cover) it was always fairly common knowledge that Royal Purple would show some HP at the wheels. I always seem to remember reading it was only 2 or 3 hp on those 302's though. That is comparing apples to oranges of course :)

A good friend of mine worked for royal purple for a good many years and he swears by thier products and while that might not mean much to you all I know what a top notch mechanic he is and thats good enough for me. (he now works for bear brakes I wonder if he can get me a good deal on a set of 6 piston calipers?) :lol

don't the C6's already have 6 piston calipers on the front already? i thought that's why all the C5 owners were upgrading? :huh

Guest Sidewinder

Not 100% positive but I think they said they used 5W30 in the motor but I don't know about tranny or rearend.

Man, I can't find the article on their website. I wonder why they took it off.