NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Oil filters

Guest racingchester

Buy one of each and cut them open....I've sold every brand made, and here is my list of good guys:

Hastings cotton element

AC Delco synthetic element

K&N

Baldwin

Amsoil

WIX

A lot of companies are reboxers, and some just have a great commercial.... :bang

Guest Sidewinder

Chuck,

Let me start my post off with the usual statement. It's your car, put what you prefer on it. By no means am I attempting to "put down" the filter anyone uses or has used for many years with good results. I have done many many hours or research on oils and filters. If I was standing at the store looking at a bunch of filters on a shelf this is the order I would pick them....

AMSOIL EAO-hands down best filter on the market, don't care what anyone says. (about $15 bucks) Don't waste your money on this filter if you change your oil/filter every 3500 miles which, if your running a good synthetic oil, you shouldn't be doing anyway. :bang

PUROLATOR PURE ONE

NAPA GOLD

PUROLATOR PREMIUM

There are only about 6 manufactures of oil filters, just alot of different packages and maybe some quality changes.

If the ceiling in the store had a leak I would grab a FRAM and try to catch the water with it. That's all it's good for.

K&N-Filters well but is to restrictive for my taste.

Mobil 1-WAAAAY overpriced for the performance it gives.

Hope this helps.

Guest Sidewinder
This might give you a little help

Oil Filter Study

That page is kinda old "Updated 11/10/2003" A few companies have changed their construction and the material that the anti-drainback valve is made of.

Good info though :thumbs

Guest racingchester

Both my cars are at about 100,000 miles now. I have used (gulp) fram filters but I feel that for what ever reason there is a better one out there thats going to give me more life in the cars. I'm not using a synthetic in either cars because of the milage. I change at about 3000 - 4000 if I get lazy. usually 3,000.....

Guest Sidewinder
Both my cars are at about 100,000 miles now. I have used (gulp) fram filters but I feel that for what ever reason there is a better one out there thats going to give me more life in the cars. I'm not using a synthetic in either cars because of the milage. I change at about 3000 - 4000 if I get lazy. usually 3,000.....

Can't go wrong with any of these

PUROLATOR PURE ONE

NAPA GOLD

PUROLATOR PREMIUM

I'm with Mark! Amsoil filters are the "Foshiznit". :thumbs I also think they are the best filters hands down. It's only my opinion, yours may very... I also like their oil, but that's another story.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

We use K&N with premium oil changes, and STP/penzoil and wix on the normal changes. Most parts stores speak very highly of Wix filters, which makes carquest filters, but since we use Checker and autozone for most of our stuff were limited to the above we carry. We dont use FRAM just because of all the bad things said about them... bad or not I just dont want to chance any problems :)

Guest Sidewinder
We use K&N with premium oil changes, and STP/penzoil and wix on the normal changes. Most parts stores speak very highly of Wix filters, which makes carquest filters, but since we use Checker and autozone for most of our stuff were limited to the above we carry. We dont use FRAM just because of all the bad things said about them... bad or not I just dont want to chance any problems :)

Mike,

This may save ya some time if ya ever run out of filters.

Champion Labs makes

STP

K&N

MOBIL 1

WIX makes

NAPA GOLD

NAPA SILVER

FRAM makes

PENZOIL

They sell Purolator @ Pep Boys. :thumbs