NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

HEI Distributor in a 1969

C3Mike

Has anyone fit an HEI dist. in a '69. Does a factory HEI fit or do I have to stay w/ a small cap distributor.

I know that Mallory makes and HEI for the '71 LT-1, so I would say yes. I don't think you will be able to use the chrome cover though.

I bet Lopers would have them in stock, otherwise try Jegs or Summit Racing.

Andrew

I was at A.D.S. this morning having a rack and pinion installed in my vette ,noticed they had three 69 camaro's at the shop. I looked under the hood and there was an HEI distributor in two of them and a small cap msd in the third, looks very tight on the HEI but it did clear. Also noticed the post about the tach drive distributor and I am 80% sure that this is a part was only in the 50's and 60's corvettes and not the camaro's. Hope this helps Glenn :D

Unless you change the tach to an electronic version you will need a HEI that has a cable tach drive. Mid America and Ecklers sell them for around $500.00

Yes, an HEI will fit but you won't be able to use the stock shields around the distributor.

Corvettes used cable driven tachs until '74, then they went HEI.

Earlier Corvettes (C1's only I think) the tach was driven off the back of the generator (alternator for you young folk).